advertisement

5-10k ish Speakers

I keep going back to my reference, the Deltas l own. I've just had plastikman, mind in rewind playing at very very loud levels, so loud infact my vision was moving with the B-lines and the air being moved felt like id just switch on a desk fan...... All from a 9" bass driver AND..... Its cabinet ports.

PS and it never flapped out of control once. I'm sitting 3.3m away from them.
I bet your room is nowhere the size of the OP's. Take your Deltas outside and see if they still rattle your eyeballs.

Very true, context is everything ( as it is with drivers and their cabinets). Which is why I've been asking uvii, the OP'er for more detail. IIRC, the space is an open plan 1000sqft loft style apartment.

PS, I first found out about the deltas on stereonet.au. A guy on there sold his horns for them. Are they popular over there?

Jaspert - thank you for your contribution.

This thread was getting a little bit ...dry? ... and some nice big fat speaker pictures lightened it considerably.

NB
Joe - Check out these Dali Megalines for a line-array speaker -

200712_gr_research2.jpg

supposed to sound very good, but haven't heard them yet.

some JBL's from the pro end of line array -

ExuVaGcCyEow45ExatUgfC76xUczRoGXVgdpaEVdTtK8Q0268DuGzWrt8i7dPKWj04KEEMD8JEXegZt19IRHJ9CEMk1sBffRYxfVR33JJxz_x5yR8FVDWRpKUxnxvJP6YLoXZfj9GTJRiel7KTIu_7_q

...and just because I think line arrays are ugly ....

6D2AF00Z.jpg

something infinately nicer on they eye (and probably ear ;) )

img0806th9.jpg

... I want to know what they are doing stuffed out in the middle of the room.

Any fule know these Tannoys use corner loading.

I suppose these responses could be more useful if the original poster could tell us the purpose of the system and the room. It this going to be his main room for critical hifi listening, or does he just need background noise for family and social occasions, with another, more intimate, space elsewhere in the house for music listening?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Bub, please contextualise this, The Tensor range from ADAM Audio is way more advanced than the SCM range from ATC. The sound doesn't have a comparison as they're not even close. Unless you go and put some context to you refusal of listening to anything else, you'll never know. Ignorance is not bliss, its just a fools way out.

Instead of this continual pathetic bickering why doesn't one of you take their speakers to the others home, you could have home and away legs.
Keith.

Bub, please contextualise this, The Tensor range from ADAM Audio is way more advanced than the SCM range from ATC. The sound doesn't have a comparison as they're not even close. Unless you go and put some context to you refusal of listening to anything else, you'll never know. Ignorance is not bliss, its just a fools way out.

Yeah, but listening to that ghastly electronic twaddle music, devoid of the nuances of pitch and timbre, how would you really know? ;););););):D

Instead of this continual pathetic bickering why doesn't one of you take their speakers to the others home, you could have home and away legs.
Keith.

Keith, when fox has his studio up and running i'll take my system over. Till then, either fox or bub are welcome an away leg anytime :)

Yeah, but listening to that ghastly electronic twaddle music, devoid of the nuances of pitch and timbre, how would you really know? ;););););):D

Formant and spectral analysis would show you electronic twaddle also comes with pitch and timbre preinstalled.

My project studio is a humble affair but, the SCM100s from leftovers build continues as funds permit. Slowed a little as I have upgraded to a MOTU 896HD for 24/96 surround support and a metric halo preamp interface for better microphones... I aim to have very little but what I do have will be amazing clarity-wise. b format soundfield support important.

I will be complete this summer. Listening to my material other people's hifi is always entertaining as they all sound so different, sometimes revealing, sometimes teeth grinding. Every room and system sounds different. Comparison-wise, unless you shove the speaks in the same room and system all bets are off. But its still fun.

advertisement

Back