advertisement

Russ Andrews fined by the Advertising Standards Authority

Load balancing saves money? Bizzare indeed! It's the same load just split between two phases. Do they charge a lower rate per phase?

FWIW, I balance mine here in Dixie as well mostly to group the larger appliances away from the hifi's phase. I've found with my gear one dedicated line sounds better than multiples. Also, the greater the AC line amperage, the better the sound. Unfortunately, we're limited to 20 amps which are considered small appliance circuits and recommended by nat'l code in new construction for modern kitchens, workshops, etc. I just added "listening room" to their list of recommendations;-)

I see a savings and many do. Firts a nay sayer. Then the real facts of how hydro enters the home.
http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...r-box-how-much-difference-can-make-52649.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_grid

I see a savings and many do. Firts a nay sayer. Then the real facts of how hydro enters the home.
http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...r-box-how-much-difference-can-make-52649.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_grid

I'm still confused. How does a Smart Grid determine which phase is pulling the greatest or least amount of electricity without a smart meter and does the electric company notify you which one of the phases cost less to use so you can plan load management accordingly?

It seems to me after a quick read any savings is based on time-of-day consumption.

Back to the test, where proper changes were made and everything was OK, equal conditions as much as possible.

Should we not consider actual values for X and Y ?

What if X = 10 , Y = 0 Still deluded? Yes, no, maybe ?
What if X = 4 , Y= 5 (one listener left the room)
What if X= 0 and Y = 8 (somebody else gone too)

My wife, a classical musician, can immediately hear subtle differences in equipment changes - if there ARE any to be heard - whereas I cannot always detect a change. Could it not be the case that there actually ARE real differences in cables and other equipment ? The answer is 'yes', most definitively.

I think it was Rutherford.

He said somethink to the effect of

"There is only Physics. Everything else is stamp collecting"

Wise man, whoever it was.

Chris
----------------------------------------------

In a nutshell, that is what is wrong with the attitudes of many of our top atheistic research scientists today.

Let’s think of an expert …..why not ask Bishop Dominic Walker? He, like many others, has a broader view of reality.
He is a bishop therefore he is a deeply flawed individual. His views are irrelevant to any scientific discussuion unless he stick solely (or souley?) to the science!

He is a bishop therefore he is a deeply flawed individual. His views are irrelevant to any scientific discussuion unless he stick solely to the science!

------------------------------------------------------
What a load of old cobblers you read on here.
Some people need to lighten up!

I’ll leave you all to your prejudices.

If you mean by prejudices that we would prefer to see spiritulism kept out of science then you are exactly right to leave us to them.

Genuine question for our religious friends here. Which mechanism in the universe is broken in such a way that would require the intervention of a supreme being of some sort to make things happen? It seems to me everything ticks along quite nicely on its own from what we've discovered about the processes around us.

I don't get the pain and suffering bit either. It would take a warped mind to think that one up.

There is no point in trying to reason with goddy people, because if they listened to reason, they wouldn't be goddy in the first place.

Appropriate, though, that the god subject has come up on a cable thread.

Genuine question for our religious friends here. Which mechanism in the universe is broken in such a way that would require the intervention of a supreme being of some sort to make things happen? It seems to me everything ticks along quite nicely on its own from what we've discovered about the processes around us.

I don't get the pain and suffering bit either. It would take a warped mind to think that one up.

amen dave & barry & lindasbum....fully agree with the sentiments of the last few posts.

Ha Ha!, put a smile on my face :). I sometimes think there is a place turning out Gillian McKeith clones and some of them are running Hi-Fi companies.

There is no point in trying to reason with goddy people, because if they listened to reason, they wouldn't be goddy in the first place.

Appropriate, though, that the god subject has come up on a cable thread.

Or as Isaac Asimov put it,

'It is pointless reasoning with those for whom reason doesn't count'

advertisement

Back