advertisement

Anti-static Inner Record Sleeves

samz

pfm Member
What are the best value Anti-static Record Sleeves and where can I buy them in the UK.

Thanks

Goldring ex-static.

Chordxx on eBay. Can't remember what the xx numbers are.

I never liked nagaoka as they are a bitch to use. The Goldrings offer the same protection but are easy to use.

Andrew.

I don't mind the Nagaoka style inner sleeves. I've been using them since the late 70s, so you sort of get used to them. The Goldrings are nice (as are the Mo-Fi ones) but they're more expensive. I now mostly use the Nagaoka style inner sleeves sold by British Audio products (Moth). I tend to buy 200 at a time, so they are a fair bt cheaper that way than the others. Quality wise, they seem fine.

Charlie
www.charlie-chan.co.uk

I use Nagaoka sleeves for albums with printed card inners and poly lined paper sleeves for those without. www.covers33.co.uk are pretty good for the latter, especially if you buy in bulk (I buy in 500s).

Tony.

For the amount I use (5-10/month) the ex-statics are by far the best option. Come on, they are not that costly to buy.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Don't decide not to use decent sleeves. The best value purchase for your vinyl is a RCM and sleeves. Better even than a new cart/arm/phono stage/TT.

500 sleeves for £100 is 20p for every LP. That's not a huge outlay, is it?

Charlie

...500 sleeves for £100 is 20p for every LP. That's not a huge outlay, is it?

Charlie

It is when 3000 of my records were bought for £100. I'd be paying 6 times more for the sleeves than the records.

If I could get 5000 sleeves for £100 I'd buy the sleeves.

Who actually manufactures these things and could I go direct to them?

Is this like Cat 5 networking cables that you can buy from PC World for £18.99, or you can buy them in job lots of 20000 direct from the manufacturers for a few pence each.

I use plain (and very cheap) white-paper sleeves and find them better than any polylined ones.. not to mention anti-static plastic sleeves..

advertisement

Back