advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

Binge watching Shonky Tours mine exporing videos. Plenty of great footage of Blaenau Ffestiniog slate mines.

Brightsun Films abandoned and bankrupt series are worth a look.
Also, Coldfusion for analysis of all sorts of events.
Both very well done.

After checking out a video on 'the (many) crimes of the US of A' thread, this video popped up: 95 year old Jim Lovell reminiscing about his remarkable career as a US Navy pilot and Astronaut; including the equally amazing journey of Apollo Thirteen.

John

If you haven't already seen them, both Styropyro and Nurdrage have posted a lot of great stuff. Example:

I mostly watch ham related videos, recipes, preparation, presentation. I am especially fond of Dukeshill honeybaked and Yaesu HF, but am not above enjoying Alderton or Icom and the occasional Kenwood,

I found this video fascinating in the way it puts traveling at the speed of light into perspective, and it is SLOW, ...in the big picture, relatively speaking ;)..

Traversing the Solar System at the speed of light.

New Contrapoints on JK Rowling, bigotry and transphobia. A 2 hour video essay on this issue is not for everyone -- not least as you should probably watch the also long previous installment first -- but it's really very good on so many aspects of this question.

I dropped this Contrapoints video on the rise of the far-right thread earlier. It really is remarkably good and I’d argue it stands perfectly on its own. To be honest I’d actually start right here with her work if new as this is just so current and on-point, yet still manages to be so funny at times. I thought her conclusion and prioritisation was absolutely spot on. Nailed it.

Best to use an app as all the adverts are HORRIBLE with Youtube

I watch hours of YouTube a day and I never get ads ever. I can’t explain it. I use a Sony Android TV, so like YouTube a Google product, and it doesn’t seem to have any ad blocker (I’ve certainly never installed one). The only thing I can think of is maybe I don’t get them as I’m signed in with my Google account, i.e. the same one as my Adsense account for pfm. I actually feel guilty enough to bung some money to my favourite content creators now and again as I really do watch a lot.

The only thing I can think of is maybe I don’t get them as I’m signed in with my Google account, i.e. the same one as my Adsense account for pfm.

I thought you got YouTube Premium as part of being an adsense partner and hence no adverts? It's gets a bit insestuous if you are both watching ads and being paid for watching them!

I actually pay for YouTube Premium as it's such good value. Or rather the ads are so invasive without it that it's basically mandatory as it ruins YT if you don't have it so it's a sort of Freemium model. From a creators point of view though adverts are basically broken because the royalty distribution is so heavily weighted in google's favour that nobody makes any money (at least since Adpocalypse II) which is why you might be enjoying this paragraph but you could be enjoying squarespace the one stop shop for website creators everywhere please visit this link to get started with squarespace and use the code MATTHEWR2023 for a 10% discount. Thank you to squarespace for sponsoring this content and now back to the paragraph.

Personally I am much more annoyed that the scheme they used to have that donated all your adsense revenue to your nominated charity ended as I quite liked the idea that my lazy watching YouTube in bed habit was help MS research and therefore literally me :)

advertisement

Back