advertisement

Your best purchases during 2016?

It's gotta be the Naim ARO. A huge step up from the Artemiz 1 I was using.

Equal billing with the E90 M3...an old un but a good un

Just purchased another Teddy Pardo ST60 power amp so that I can go active. Hoping that'll trump both of the above.

Stax headphones: much as I love the L700s, the 404 Signatures with 006T energiser were the things that put me on the right path, so they're up there.

The other great purchase of 2016 has to be either my Fuji X-T2 or my MacBook Pro Retina 13" - both great tools, well worth their premium prices...

Nice to be able to listen at my desk without headphones thanks to a new (to me) pair of Genelecs.

Getting my Tisbury passive pre back from long term loan (or rather i couldn't be arsed to go get it back). System sounds so much better with this in it.

Also, continued use of Spotify, never fails to surprise, brilliant.

Ooops :eek:, got new Spendor S3/5R2's this year, amazed at some of the stuff they do.

Epos ES14's.

Who knows why but I seem to be getting better results than I've had from any other speaker including:

ES11's
Neat Petite's
Ruark Talisman'/
Linn Sara's
Naim SBL's
Dynaudio Contour 1.1's
Shahinian Compasses
& Shahinian Obelisks!

Just about sneaking into the year, my NS1000M. I've been Yam curious for some time now and I finally indulged myself. Probably never to be replaced.

I was surprised that an interconnect could really make my system - from the 1990s a second hand Cabletalk Broadcast 2. It's added so much excitement to my music.

Benchmark AHB2 (replaced NAP 200 non-DR) - less gutsy - but more real

TQ Ultra Black speaker cables (replaced TQ Black) - much more three dimensional, more bass and less harsh upper frequencies

Epos ES14's.

Who knows why but I seem to be getting better results than I've had from any other speaker including:

ES11's
Neat Petite's
Ruark Talisman'/
Linn Sara's
Naim SBL's
Dynaudio Contour 1.1's
Shahinian Compasses
& Shahinian Obelisks!

Just never can tell!! I had a pair of ES14 here a few years back, and concluded they were the worst speaker i'd had in this house, and i've had a few.

Cheap eBay SPDIF output board for the Raspberry Pi. Has left my dedicated music server (MacMini) gathering dust for most of the year - and saved my wallet from the advances of the Auralic Aries Mini :D

/U.

Qobuz subscription
3 Mark Grant power cables (excellent and cost-effective upgrade)
2 Abrahamsen V40 up stereo amplifiers
Used with Tisbury audio passive > 2 outputs, bi-amping
Chromecast ( great toy, needed alot of burn in time)
and some more
What next? Perhaps a valve pre (Shi.. Freya?) or Mytec Brooklyn or maybe Abrahamsens own pre?

advertisement

Back