advertisement

York Area: Spares or Repairs, Arcam Alpha 5 CD Player

djftw

Heterodox Member
Dear All,

I have in my possession an Arcam Alpha 5 CD Player, which has been donated to a charity shop in York and which I had been asked to look at. Unfortunately it will not recognise when a playable disc is loaded, a fault I would tend to attribute to the laser. The charity's normal process for faulty or otherwise unsalable consumer electronics is to sell them to an electronics recycler who pays by weight...

I note on eBay they still seem to be of somewhat greater value 'spares or repairs'. However, for various reasons I cannot eBay this on the charity's behalf, nor am I supposed to talk about the charity by name here without getting it vetted, per their social media policy. So I am telling you it exists and if you are interested I can PM you further details (as that's OK per said policy).

The sale will have to take place face to face at the Shop as they are only set up for cash and customer present card-sales. I have very little idea what this is worth, eBay sold prices were a bit all over the place on 'spares or repairs', so invite offers, and any questions.

Cosmetically it isn't great (though better than my Lingo :D) the case has evidently had something sat on it and has a few scratches, the front looks like it will clean up nicely though.

TIA

If there are no takers, I'll go to £50 as the spares are useful to me

Let me know.

advertisement

Back