advertisement

Yamaha NS500 Xover schematic

AussiePete

pfm Member
Hi, would anyone have the schematics for the crossover in Yamaha NS500's from the eighties.
I would like to "freshen" mine up with new components but would like to buy all the components before pulling them apart as they are in a shop and used daily.
Thanks,
Pete

Are they the NS500 two way speakers or the NS-500M three ways?

If it's a pair of three way NS-500M's then you'll need

2 x 2.5uF
2 x 3.5uF
2 x 18uF
2 x 47uF

That's for both speakers, don't bother replacing the inductors, they're very good custom made units as is.

kind regards

Ben

Hi Ben,
thanks for the reply. Mine are the 2 way ported.
Can you tell me the values for these and specifically which caps to use, please?
Are the inductors in these worth keeping also?
Regards,
Pete

Today I pulled one down and removed the woofer to have a look inside.
I found that he crossover is housed in a plastic enclosure with a resin like top with connectors embedded in it. Of course, I assumed that all the components were encased in resin.
Unfortunately, I didn't think to pull the crossover out to see whether there is any access to any components from the rear as it is screwed into the cabinet - I just closed it up and put it back in its place.
Is anybody (Ben ?) familiar enough with them to advise whether there is, in fact, access?
Thanks,
Pete

Not sure how different they are from the NS-1000 - in which you need to remove the woofer, remove the back panel and then unsolder all wires in order to reach the xover components. It's not easy but definitely worth it!
Yair

Thanks Yair.
Do you mean that the ns1000 also has an encased crossover and that by pulling it out, I would have access to the components?
Pete

advertisement

Back