advertisement

Yamaha NS1000 (domestic version, not ‘M’)

Very nice. Have you ever had/heard a pair at home Tony? I’d be interested in your thoughts on them if so.. if not, I’d really like you to try a pair…

Very nice. Have you ever had/heard a pair at home Tony? I’d be interested in your thoughts on them if so.. if not, I’d really like you to try a pair…

No, I’ve never heard them, though AIUI the cabs are considered to be an improvement on the more common M variant.

Yes they are.. The same cabinets with another layer of chipboard and then veneered.

No my question was regarding all NS1000 variants - you ever had a pair at home? I think that in your smaller room with the pass amp and the near field JR’s you’d love them.

No my question was regarding all NS1000 variants - you ever had a pair at home?

Never had a pair at home, though have heard several elsewhere over the years. Very nice speakers. They kind of live in that middle-ground between mini-monitors and horns, panels, Tannoys etc so not really any context for me at present. I far prefer having both extremes rather than the compromise between. Likely one day I’ll downsize to one system, and at that point I’d start looking at stuff in the middle.

They have gone. These are the same as mine and look a very good buy. They are 40kg a side compared to the M's 31kg a side; the cabinet is a more substantial affair.

advertisement

Back