advertisement

Yamaha CR1000 Receiver

Tony L

Administrator
Want to look ultra fashionable on the “Silver Face Receiver’ thread? Well, here you go:

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
A CR-1000 was the heart of my system until an A-S3000 dethroned it, due to my increasing need for remote volume control. I still have it, along with two CR-2020s and an SX-1250* that I cannot bare to let go of.

* I did actually own two CR-1000s and two SX-1250s at one stage but decided I was being greedy and that I should cash in while both were still in working order. I got £600 for each, which I thought was good going at the time. Alas, if I'd have held onto the 1250 for another couple of years I could have easily doubled my money! :rolleyes:

I'm tempted to post a full list of the receivers I've owned over on the Silver Face Receiver thread but I fear it will reveal the true madness of my obsession with these silver-faced beauties!....

A CR-1000 was the heart of my system until an A-S3000 dethroned it, due to my increasing need for remote volume control. I still have it, along with two CR-2020s and an SX-1250* that I cannot bare to let go of.

* I did actually own two CR-1000s and two SX-1250s at one stage but decided I was being greedy and that I should cash in while both were still in working order. I got £600 for each, which I thought was good going at the time. Alas, if I'd have held onto the 1250 for another couple of years I could have easily doubled my money! :rolleyes:

I'm tempted to post a full list of the receivers I've owned over on the Silver Face Receiver thread but I fear it will reveal the true madness of my obsession with these silver-faced beauties!....
We are all friends here you can share your obsession in the confession session without fear of judgement, just envy and sympathy will result.

Completely irrational but, even as a card-carrying Yamaha fanatic, I can't get excited about the CR-1000. No VU meters and too many sliders, I think!

This CR-1020 on the other hand. 😍

In fact, it's just up the road from me at Hi-Fi Hangar and is eminently fixable but my 'to-do' pile is already visible from space...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Both good IMO. I have no issue with the too many sliders aesthetic, but your point about VU meters is well made.

Both good IMO. I have no issue with the too many sliders aesthetic, but your point about VU meters is well made.
Having owned both I'd say the CR-1000 is more suited to red wine drinkers and the CR-1020/2020 to white wine drinkers.*

* Disclaimer: I've never drank a drop of vino in my life, but the warm & rich -vs- cool & fresh comparison is a valid one.

The mintiest CR-1000 I've seen in a long time. No reserve so good chance of a bargain to be had:

advertisement

Back