advertisement

x 100 advert

kjb

Proof reading not always a strength
If you scroll a few frames down this review of the new Fuji X-T1

http://www.laroquephoto.com/blog/2014/2/10/the-scenic-route-a-review-of-the-fujifilm-x-t1

you'll find an embedded ad for the X100 ( which I just picked up 2nd hand and think I love)

Can't think of a stranger ad for a camera - or one that somehow captures what owning a great camera is really about.

Sorry, I can't embed in the usual style as I'm not a youtube acc. holder.

Can anyone post a more left field camera ad?

I love LaRoque's site btw - pretentious, arty and sharp with great images and writing)

Kevin

Kevin,

This ad?

[YOUTUBE]EoA0_o-PZk4[/YOUTUBE]

Joe

Patrick takes some great images with all his X gear. I wouldn't call his photography pretentious.

He always has the decency to reply if you comment on his photographs or articles. I wish more would do that!

Enjoy your X100. It's a great camera. I picked mine up second hand in August.

If you scroll a few frames down this review of the new Fuji X-T1

http://www.laroquephoto.com/blog/2014/2/10/the-scenic-route-a-review-of-the-fujifilm-x-t1

you'll find an embedded ad for the X100 ( which I just picked up 2nd hand and think I love)

Can't think of a stranger ad for a camera - or one that somehow captures what owning a great camera is really about.

Sorry, I can't embed in the usual style as I'm not a youtube acc. holder.

Can anyone post a more left field camera ad?

I love LaRoque's site btw - pretentious, arty and sharp with great images and writing)

Kevin

Patrick takes some great images with all his X gear. I wouldn't call his photography pretentious.

I think pretentious is a compliment!! I love the way he is so confidently artistic, intelligent and poetic about photography. For me it beats pixel peeping every way up .

Have you downloaded his One Eye Roaming pdf?

Kevin

Yes I did. I was a bit disappointed with it to be honest. But that's probably because I also like his colour stuff and he chose to go B&W only with the ebook.

I also really like Jack Simon's stuff. He shoots with the X100S mainly. Completely different style being street photography. But his stuff is certainly different to most street photography I've seen. Shooting colour for one thing! Jack Simon Flickr Photostream He has a free eBook Seventy.

I think pretentious is a compliment!! I love the way he is so confidently artistic, intelligent and poetic about photography. For me it beats pixel peeping every way up .

Have you downloaded his One Eye Roaming pdf?

Kevin

Like the flickr photo stream - will download the book.

I like the way LaRoque can use colour almost like it's B&W with great gloomy textures, especially his interiors. I've tried to imitate that at home but it's really hard to get anywhere near right.

k

Yes I know what you mean about his use of colour.

This is a great video on Jack Simon showing how he shoots with the X100S.

Like the flickr photo stream - will download the book.

I like the way LaRoque can use colour almost like it's B&W with great gloomy textures, especially his interiors. I've tried to imitate that at home but it's really hard to get anywhere near right.

k

Last edited by a moderator:

advertisement

Back