advertisement

Wrist strap for X100

jimbob75

pfm Member
Looking for a wrist strap to prowl the streets with my Fuji X100. Ideally, vintage leather. Any recommendations from UK retailers?

Thanks. Not keen on braided leather, but sold out in any case (unless I opt for Berry - not really my colour, darling)

I have something similar having a metal wrist adjuster - Scratchful city! Is there something similar with no metal at all?
The beauty of a peak design leash or strap is when you are not using the camera or strap, the strap is easily removed and you can stow your camera in its bag or pouch. When using your leash on your camera the alloy part of the leash is up around your wrist, do you remove your watch or any rings, bracelets etc when using a camera. I have had no mishaps or marks made to either my D300, D850, GFX, or X100v in the past four years I have been using pd straps.

I think the Hawkesmill looks better quality than the Norton, if it was me I’d pay the extra bucks and go with the Hawkesmill, but I just love the flexibility of the pd.
Now if we were talking bikes I’d go for the Norton, especially if it’s a Mk IIa 850 commando :rolleyes:

Norton ordered thanks.

I had a yellow Commando 750 Combat Roadster for 13,000m from new back in 1973. Very fast with a very slight wobble at 85 mph so I went faster normally. Very reliable. A later 850 2A was very nice but more sedate and mature. I never got on with the annular(?) exhausts but no electric starter to go wrong.:D

FWIW I have a Hawksemill leather strap for my Q2 which is nice - if over-priced - but for the XT2 just bought one of these and I'm pleasantly impressed for the money:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DKR9WK4/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

It's the same idea as the PD QR attachments, and seems well made and good value. I bought one to replace an old Canon strap I've used with the XT2 for about seven years, which was getting a bit tatty and also a nuisance when using the camera on a tripod. I know it's not leather of any sort, but might be worth considering as a stop-gap to see if you like the QR wrist-strap approach for your camera.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back