advertisement

Why is it so difficult to be charitable?

I don't think the reputable charities are quite as prolific as you think for circulating lists - or at least not in my experience. I've got five direct debits to "mainstream" charities, have had for maybe 20 years now, and don't get any unsolicited contact.
Brand new customers only?

I gave up on Friends of the Earth due to their bloody pressured sales phone calls and the amount of printed crap they posted to me - I want my money to go towards good positive projects not to be used to print fat glossy magazines! They included a 'give us your unwanted gold' envelope in one package, which pretty much did it for me.
We do have a small monthly DD to another charity that doesn't ever pester, and sent something off to a homeless charity this month that allowed you not to fill in your own details.

> thread from the dead alert <

20190821-191852.jpg

(source: Private Eye 1503)

Well spotted , you may have seen another thread on here about equity release , it can be incredibly costly and have severe consequences. I am surprised age UK is involved

I give monthly to NSPCC and Amnesty International. Both are now on 'notice' to stop constantly pressurising me to increase my donation. They should now be in no doubt that if they persist, they will lose out.

We support some friends who set up an amazing project in Malawi. Watching them over many years is good. Recently they have seen HIV rates of infection go down due to treatment. It's great to be part of this . We also support an amazing charity called operation mobilisation , these guys have floating bookships and many other project's.

I give to an "umbrella" charity and am happy to let it distribute the cash to wherever the executive body sees fit.

I give to an "umbrella" charity and am happy to let it distribute the cash to wherever the executive body sees fit.
Could you post a link, I currently give to a number of charities by single DD's from 4 different bank accounts, I'd like to consolidate things. I did Google a while ago but nothing sprung out, it was mostly hits about managed wrapper sites for Charities to gather funds through.

Gus

advertisement

Back