advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

LOL....I got told off at Goodwood too...by an instructor for going too fast into Woodcote, just before the chicane.
Must admit we drifted quite a bit and just hit the grass, but it was an Impreza so 4WD...no worries!

EW8gTdR.jpg

I'm the passenger in the photo, my dear old dad driving (70 at the time) was scaring the hell out of me after his session with the same instructor.

LOL....I got told off at Goodwood too...by an instructor for going too fast into Woodcote, just before the chicane.
Must admit we drifted quite a bit and just hit the grass, but it was an Impreza so 4WD...no worries!

EW8gTdR.jpg

I'm the passenger in the photo, my dear old dad driving (70 at the time) was scaring the hell out of me after his session with the same instructor.
Hopefully, soon, I will unearth the photos from the day we hired their circuit. I scared the living daylights out of a mate in my convertible TVR with slicks on.vThen we allowed an F3 racing team to use the track in our lunch break to test with a new driver, Ayrton something!

From a day at Goodwood, many years ago. I had just been given a bollocking for driving too fast. I was told that it wasn’t a good idea to overtake the instructor at the chicane😂😂 TWR modified 6 litre V12
Fantastic car, colour dependent, but I think the shape (particularly first gen) is really ageing well.

Agreed, had 4 of them, including 2 convertibles. That V12 was fabulous, as long as you didn't mind the fuel consumption!
I got a solid 15mpg from mine, It was the only car I`ve had where driving style and conditions made no difference to the consumption, rain or shine, long journey or short central London or Motorway.

I got a solid 15mpg from mine, It was the only car I`ve had where driving style and conditions made no difference to the consumption, rain or shine, long journey or short central London or Motorway.
That's about what I got, although on one memorable occasion, nearly 20. My business partner at the time had an Overfinch Range Rover. Once, it went down to 6 mpg!

I owned a Daimler double six many moons ago , Went from Dagenham to Santa Pod
One tank on the way up and the other tank on the way back , Yes rather thirsty

I had a Honda CRX Si like that. Whether I drove with an eggshell under my foot, or caned it, it returned the same fuel economy.

Quick - it’s turning into another petrolhead thread, desperate measures must be taken! OK… this wasn’t intended for public consumption, but here are my hideous new half-price-colour Old Person comfy furry slippers and matching bow tie, removed for the pic.

i.php

advertisement

Back