advertisement

Which Kemet 47uF tants?

PaulMB

pfm Member
Hi all,
I'm about to order some 47uF tants for a NAP180 from Farnell. In the 10-16 volts range there are 2 or 3 kinds, apparently identical, all 10% tolerance, all with 5mm or 5.08mm spacing. The only difference that I can see is "case J" or "case H".
Anybody know what this means and which is better?

Thanks for any information

I don`t think there is a lot of difference in practical terms. The 5 or 5.08 lead spacing may matter for auto insertion but not otherwise. Sometimes older ranges get superceded by new smaller types but they continue to sell the older ones to people who don`t want to update their parts lists. Avoid the ones that are only available as US stock or you`ll pay the surcharge.

Barry

As far as I can tell they are all the same, just different packaging (bulk or "ammo" pack) and different lead format...straight versus kinked...

...if they are for the feedback or VBE bypass position, 6.3v is more than enough and it's also worth trying 68uF

Thanks to Barry and Neil.
Neil, my NAP180 already has 2 47uF caps in parallel on the feedback, so in fact already 94uF.
I was thinking of using 10v or 16v caps because I remember reading that someone thought a slightly higher voltage sounded better. Can't hurt, I suppose.

Thanks again, Paul

If I remember well I used Kemet T356, the distance between the leads was the same btw the holes in the pcb.
I used 10uF 35V and 47uF 6V (NAP 140) or 100uF 6V (NAP 250)

Guido.

advertisement

Back