advertisement

Whats your album of 2017 so far ?

S

SPJ

Gorillaz Humanz is doing it for me.
HumanzGorillaz.png

Damon Albarn has put together a great lineup of artists to record this album.
He has also got a fantastic lineup of artists to play it live on tour.
Every night will be different :cool:
So many people on stage :cool:

Sampha - Process

Loving this, bought a few good new releases so far this year but this stands out, got many on pre order though that I have high hopes for.

There's been some crackers so far (Eat Lights Become Lights - Nature Reserve, Eno's Reflection, Kelly Lee Jones, Goldfrapp's Silver Eye, The Necks - Unfold, Wire's Silver/Lead); but I'm going with Fujiya & Miyagi's self titled album - an excellent slice of krauty motorik electronic pop. Catch them live if you can as well.

Thundercat - Drunk (CD, vinyl). His best album to date, though I'm still hoping he'll do an all-out fusion workout with more live drums at some point.

PS Links to Amazon etc help the site, so plese drop them in if possible.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Thundercat - Drunk (CD, vinyl). His best album to date, though I'm still hoping he'll do an all-out fusion workout with more live drums at some point.

PS Links to Amazon etc help the site, so plese drop them in if possible.

Ha! Also a Thundercat fan here :) The RSD Monk release is a particular highlight, thusfar - for all the right reasons (music, performance, production, pressing, presentation).

Pete Doherty: Hamburg Demonstrations. Some really good songs and none of that shouty stuff that marred some of his previous albums.

Last edited by a moderator:

advertisement

Back