advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought II?

The new QUAD ERA-1 headphones. Nicely made and sounding good - fast and clear. Now running in attached to Radio 3 for a few days.

Added bite after some running in. I think the new £600 QUAD ERA-1 planars are quite a bargain reminding me of their ESLs. I wonder how they compare with electrostatic headphones, though no energiser is needed of course. I am running them straight from an Audiolab 8200CDQ or Naim CDX2.2/ATC integrated, which is more flat earth. :)

A NAP250 Chrome Bumper which will hopefully arrive today so I can get on with the important task of listening to it alongside a bolt down version as I decide which I prefer.

Of course, there's every risk it's both...

Arcam rHead. Sounds much nicer than the Musical Fidelity (V90-HPA) it replaces.I felt (heard) a discernible background 'noise' or confusion with the V90, but with the rHead everything's more detailed and the silences appear silent.

IcePower 1200AS2 based power amp. I still can’t detect a sonic signature and haven’t got to it’s limits yet. Will try against a hypex ucd400 amp when I’ve the opportunity.

Yamaha A-S801 settling in. Experimenting with the Digital input with various sources.

I'm liking the uncoloured nature and ease of use. Most of all - the musicality. It's quite addictive...

Pair of AKG Y50BTBLK bluetooth earphones. They're great. Good sound quality, and can control everything from the right hand earpiece. Paired with my phone right away and battery life seems excellent.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back