advertisement

What's going on at Naim?

matfff

pfm Member
Was at a show and saw and heard the new Naim kit. Seems like Naim have abandoned Julian's stance on separate power supplies and I think, DIN connections (I didn't/wasn't allowed to have a poke around at the back). Chap on the stand (no idea if a dealer or from Naim) was claiming (obvs.) that the new stuff knocked the old stuff into a cocked hat. Is Julien spinning in his grave?

DIN sockets and separate power supplies are still part of the new range. NPX 300.

Demo’d the 200 and 300 series. New 250 power is very good, was hoping the 350 monos would be like a 300 on steroids but they didn’t float our boat.

Chap on the stand (no idea if a dealer or from Naim) was claiming (obvs.) that the new stuff knocked the old stuff into a cocked hat
Always be sceptic when dealers or representatives make such sweeping statements.
His main goal is to create customers to finance his salary.

That said, I hope the new kit betters the old, as its much more expensive (old was expensive already)

OTOH my old style Naim kit doesn't sound like a cocked hat if you ask me.

33rjLlH.jpg

Y2T5MJI.jpg

Was at a show and saw and heard the new Naim kit. Seems like Naim have abandoned Julian's stance on separate power supplies and I think, DIN connections (I didn't/wasn't allowed to have a poke around at the back). Chap on the stand (no idea if a dealer or from Naim) was claiming (obvs.) that the new stuff knocked the old stuff into a cocked hat. Is Julien spinning in his grave?
100% Julian Vereker spinning in his grave..
If ask him about the new designer a Steve S
He said … he's an artist, that's how he sees it…
..what artist .. such pictures..

Steve S interview about few years ago..
“When I coming in Naim
Nobody known about how sound will be need on amplifiers…
I and other engineers go walk to Paul St and ask him …”

What ?
What????
Engineers go to manager and ask him about sound ???
What????…what happens…?

P.s Shit is happens… (c) write on t-shirt…

When new naim amps comin to Moscow HIFI Show 2023
my friend Stas go to show and listen a new naim
And he write me about this
“Oleg sound is very pooor…hurts my ears..»

Stas have in our home system a NAC52/NAP250/NAP250CB/NAC32CB/HI-CAP and Nait1

My 222 has an NPX300 powering it and a DIN plug input. They have moved from DIN plugs connecting Pre and Power amps to XLRs now across the range but this has been happening with all new pre and power amps from the Statement onwards.

Marketing people speak bollocks about stuff all the time - it's their job. If you've waited they'd have been on about the inky blackness as well.

And maybe the new stuff is better than the old, or maybe not - that's up to you to decide. He's unlikely to say the new stuff is a bit meh, isn't he?

advertisement

Back