advertisement

What it is your best test disc?

spedey_74

pfm Member
This it's my better test disc, but it's also a very jazz artwork:

2ld9h7n.jpg

What are the yours?

There's a few that I usually take, but I always take Pixies - Surfer Rosa.
If a system can't make a decent fist of that, then I'm not interested.

Hi Blackmass,
two milestones of the rock hystory!

From vynil or digital source?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, both on vinyl.

Jeff Buckley's 'Grace' is a Simply Vinyl pressing. As for 'The Colour of Spring' I've got a number of pressings, it's a close call between the first pressing and the lastest re-issue.
Strangley enough the most disappointing pressing of 'TCOS' was a Simply Vinyl copy I had. I gave it to a mate.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, both on vinyl.

Jeff Buckley's 'Grace' is a Simply Vinyl pressing. As for 'The Colour of Spring' I've got a number of pressings, it's a close call between the first pressing and the lastest re-issue.
Strangley enough the most disappointing pressing of 'TCOS' was a Simply Vinyl copy I had. I gave it to a mate.

The new double-45 RPM ORG pressing of Jeff Buckley's "Grace" is absolutely wonderful, and easily surpasses my original Euro pressing of the LP - the dynamic range of the 45s are stunning. For those who enjoy the record, it really is a must own IMO.

Normally I use three CDs that I know very well and allow me to get an idea of the strengths and limitations of a stereo setup:

ytu8yqy9.jpg
udymanu7.jpg
nepuba8a.jpg

The new double-45 RPM ORG pressing of Jeff Buckley's "Grace" is absolutely wonderful, and easily surpasses my original Euro pressing of the LP - the dynamic range of the 45s are stunning. For those who enjoy the record, it really is a must own IMO.

Thanks for the heads up. Just had a look on Amazon (UK) and Sony are releasing it again next month, double vinyl. Is it the same as the ORG pressing?:confused:

I've noticed it's been released on SACD too. Anyone got any links to any UK sites selling the 45 rpm vinyl/SACD?

Cheers

advertisement

Back