advertisement

What are you listening to right now #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
rare_bird-as_your_mind_flies_by(original_uk).jpg

You know ... Crimson are a Prog band.

But has there ever been a rock band heavier or more dynamic than this one? Larks' tongues in aspic, Starless and Bible Black and Red are, in turn, enormous and damaging, delicate and beautiful.

I sometimes wonder why anyone bothers after this.

Stephen

51t%2BGD2WyvL.jpg

I got the "Great Deceiver" set first time out and got obsessed by the Wetton / Cross / Bruford / Fripp 'heavy metal prog' lineup. Although less of a Crimso nut than I used to be, I still bought the "Starless & Bible Black" box and I must get around to buying the "Red" one too. Now I have more KC live than I'll ever need.

The standout track from all of those CDs for me:

When Bill starts, they haven't even decided what key they're going to play in until Uncle Bob shouts "F!" and POW! off they go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the "Great Deceiver" set first time out ...

The standout track from all of those CDs for me: (Asbury Park, from USA). When Bill starts, they haven't even decided what key they're going to play in until Uncle Bob shouts "F!" and POW! off they go.

Oh, yes. Ohhhhh, yes.

Got the flu/cold and feeling crap. Something relaxing. Mark Hollis solo album. A masterpiece IMO

Daniel Lanois - "Goodbye To Language"
A rather lovely ambient-ish album perfect for looking out over the North Sea as a cold north wind blows. HNY.

This is Big Audio Dynamite
On my original vinyl, purchased back in the 80s.
Haven't played it for a long time, forgot how wonderful it was, brings a smile to my face.

Fortieth Anniversary of The Last Waltz_The Band. I was bought this by my wife for Christmas (I told her what to get for me). The pressings are good and the sleeves are good quality antistatics. The recording gives a great sense of the live gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back