advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown III?

Best mate of 40+ years came over last night.

Despite his claim to like all music... he doesn’t. Jazz is something he tries to intellectualise (his words) but misses the boat. He is no audiophile, but does like volume, so I was able to please his ears. We both managed to down some ale, and managed to fit in a cracking zombie film that he hadn’t seen, made me jump three times despite having seen it twice.
(Land of the Dead - George A. Romero 2005)

Went out specifically to check tyre pressures and get fuel, naturally the first petrol station had a broken air compressor, so had to find another place. Typical.

Try to fire the laptop up, but the pigging power lead isn’t working. I have had this happen before a long time ago. Sugar. Pinched the power lead from The Wife’s laptop, works fine. So I need a new power cable thingy. mmm...

On the plus side, I had a Burger King Whopper (just the burger, not the crap fries) which tasted wonderful. I have about 4 a year normally, this is the first burger in over a year. Tasted exactly like I expected it to, I like the raw onion and the flame-grilled taste of the burger.
You simply cannot beat a good Romero zombie film. That scene where they’re trying to escape in a helicopter from approaching undead gits and one has a prosthetic domed head, staggering toward the rotating blades and you know what is going to happen next.

You simply cannot beat a good Romero zombie film. That scene where they’re trying to escape in a helicopter from approaching undead gits and one has a prosthetic domed head, staggering toward the rotating blades and you know what is going to happen next.

Yes.

Saw a lot on VHS in the bad old days. The helicopter shot is from the shopping Mall based film I think. The director reminds me of Sergio Leone, in that the style is easy to recognise.
The 2005 film had high production values compared to other stuff I have seen of his.

I have a lovely little flat I rent in idyllic surroundings...however it's like an episode of East enders. A gro factory was next door. This week cowboy gas fitters did a cowboy job the other side . Requiring legal intervention

And just to cap it all , I get a phone call to say a mad man is on the rampage over a domestic issue, he has wrecked his house and now he is coming round to seek vengeance at this flat!!!

If you read about it in the press , you know you saw it here first....happy days eh?

I have a lovely little flat I rent in idyllic surroundings...however it's like an episode of East enders. A gro factory was next door. This week cowboy gas fitters did a cowboy job the other side . Requiring legal intervention

And just to cap it all , I get a phone call to say a mad man is on the rampage over a domestic issue, he has wrecked his house and now he is coming round to seek vengeance at this flat!!!

If you read about it in the press , you know you saw it here first....happy days eh?

Coo. Rent some bodyguards. Keep yer phone charged. Wear running shoes.

Yes funnily enough I have a son who is a pretty strong security guard and was with me today .

Life is never boring here , if you see that wooden doors or composite door thread being resurrected you will know why !!

Probably a trip to the caravan tomorrow for a bit of maintenance of the patio and the of the caravan itself. Although now open I’ve only been once to look it over for obvious problems such as water leaks after the winter. It’s been pretty much left while working on the garden project at home. I’ve taken Fri, Sat and Sun off work so the plan is to go tomorrow afternoon and come back on Sunday in time for the football, working around the anticipated rain showers.

Went to the golf course hoping the weather wasn’t as bad as it was at home.
Got there.
Came home again.
Sorted out some old family photos for framing.

Now spring has sprung in forest I’m trying to lose the stone I put on in last year, must walk more!

Managed to change over all the windscreen wipers to new ones. What a pain, it should be easy, but wasn’t. There is something wonderful about new ones though, they illustrate nicely how worn the old ones are.

Couldn’t find a disabled parking place close to the supermarket entrance, so had to park far away. Got close to the entrance when I remember I haven’t got my mask or gloves on, they are in my car. Back to the car, don the gear, not pleased, walk back to store entrance and find empty disabled place... a bloke pulls into it and puts an unopened disabled parking on his dash - therefore incorrectly displayed, and probably empty. So I catch his eye and give him a hard stare, with eye-roll to finish. Stupid thing to do as he could have got out and given me a slap, I hobble off into the store to buy underpants. I am stupid though at the best of moments.

Playing a Wu-Tang Clan album that I forgot I had.
More asparagus later (local grown)
It is Friday.

Dental work today, for a tooth that needed filling, and another that needed a bit of patching. 2nd visit in a week. Not cheap, and fed up of anaesthetic. Feeling sorry for myself, but then I read the covid thread and have a reality check.

Next is an office tidy up, followed by the theory of cadences and naming chords practice for a very likely July exam:eek:

Just had a gold bar from mcvities....what happened to it!!! It's 2 mouthfuls now...cheeky blighters shrinking them

Emotional day today, the nest move is ever closer and I have had to give in to wifely pressure and box up the hifi in the music room which is now home to a huge pile of full boxes.

CDs all packed, LPs next...

Now reduced to my Fiio X5 though I can play it through the Uniti in the lounge.

advertisement

Back