advertisement

What’s your usual pharmacy like?

As I mentioned before, our pharmacy has an Amazon-like pick-up machine running 24/7.

Easy-peasy…..except it was OOS for most of last week.

It was manic. Queue to the front of the shop, four pharmacists dispensing, half a dozen assistants dealing with customers, and boxes and boxes of prescriptions all ready and awaiting collection. Couldn’t find mine at first, and I was asked when it had come through from the surgery. Couldn’t say, I only knew when I’d put the request in to the surgery.. So they showed me a screen in the NHS app that tells me which the request reached the pharmacy. Got the date, went straight to the correct box.

Our pharmacy has an external delivery machine (bit like Amazon.....), available 24 /7. I get a text to say that the prescription is ready and an access code.
So the pharmacy provides excellent service.

Unfortunately I cannot say the same about the GP Surgery.
Wouldn't it be great if you could just get a text and turn up to get your diagnosis and referral from a machine too?

Went to pick up my Statins this morning from the Pharmacy at Tesco (Faversham). Pharmacist asked if he could check my blood pressure whilst I was there, which I agreed to. It was fine, which I expected but good service I thought.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back