advertisement

Wharfedale Diamonds in (yes, in) bizarre Cornflake Shop stands

As I recall, the Cornflake Shop didn't sell Linn back then. Possibly for Royds, which they did sell. Though that stand looks so small, it might be made specifically for Diamonds.
They sold a set for LS3's / Kans. The stands in the pics are for diamonds.

As I recall, the Cornflake Shop didn't sell Linn back then. Possibly for Royds, which they did sell. Though that stand looks so small, it might be made specifically for Diamonds.
You are right - the stands were made for Diamonds and offered a decent uplift in sound quality. I really wanted them at the time and I would have bought these if they weren't so far away. I've always loved their look (and the 'caged' Darius). Tastes vary.
Anyway..... the one on Ebay have been sold.

A couple of the senior members of the audio society at my university (Imperial College) were Touraj Moghaddam (Roksan) and Chris Storch (The Cornflake Shop).

We used to have an annual visit to Naim. I vaguely remember Julian Vereker showing us the prototype for the Naim tuner during one visit.
Chris had brought their prototype stands to demo what they could do with Linn Kans on one of these visits (in the days when Linn and Naim were still friends).

advertisement

Back