advertisement

VirginMedia discount

Another hour wasted, replying to a wholly inadequate reply to my query. Previously it's been a price increase when my year's contract was expiring; usually sorted by telephoning. However, my last experience of this (2.5 hours of calls in total) trying to comprehend an Indonesian chap, despite his patience, left me quite ill and phoning Virgin seems to have got more difficult, having been effectively cut off twice recently.

Why is life this difficult with media companies? My early years with Virgin from 2009 were relatively so simple. Admittedly increasing age and concomitant hearing and eyesight loss have made things more problematic, but IF the contract price was variable, they should have clearly indicated this. I couldn't even find it in the small print either !

When I contacted them last week it was via their chat thing and then they switched to WhatsApp. At least that means you keep a record of the conversation.

When I contacted them last week it was via their chat thing and then they switched to WhatsApp. At least that means you keep a record of the conversation.

I don't do Whatsapp (+ haven't a smartphone) but the emails/messages with V on their forum are all there to see, so a complete record. Similarly their one-to-one emails; a full record of the chain.

My 50 MB plus weekend calls deal was due to end on Thursday and go from £26 to £46 a month.
Quick phone call saying I was leaving and quoting a few competitors prices has got me 100 MB plus weekend calls for £22 a month for 18 months.
Quite happy with that.

advertisement

Back