advertisement

Virgin media down

G

Guest432

Looks like they've managed to drop the broadband for most of the UK.

Looks like it's the south according to Twitter due to a massive fibre break

Well I'll enjoy it while it lasts perhaps the last dregs of internet are poring into my modem now but I am pretty much south here.

I am sure it will be gone by the morning

At least my 3G ipad is working ok

Virgin Media is dealing with an “emerging problem” that has left users without internet service on Tuesday evening.

The company’s official Twitter portal has been besieged by hundreds of customers experiencing extremely slow speeds or completely unable to access their broadband service.

Reports of outages from Twitter users are emerging from several locations; including London, Reading, Swansea, Hertfordshire and Portsmouth. So, while it appears Virgin’s problems are not confined to a single location, they are mainly affecting users in the southern half of the nation.

The customer service representatives on duty are telling users: “We have an emerging problem that we are trying to investigate and resolve ASAP. Thanks for your patience.We have an emerging problem that we are trying to investigate and resolve ASAP. Thanks for your patience.”

Although the firm has not been more specific yet, we reached out to a Virgin Media spokesperson who simply told us the firm was aware some of its ‘websites’ were down and are ‘working on a fix.’

Read more: Best routers for 2015

TrustedReviews has requested further explanation and will update this story when further information is forthcoming.

A more recent statement from a Virgin Media spokesperson explained: "We are aware of an issue affecting some of our customers’ internet access. This is causing intermittent or slow access for some. We are working to resolve this and apologise for the disruption in the interim."

Currently, there is no ETA on a fix, but we'll keep you posted.

Seems to be back up now. We had a malicious cable sabotage affecting my work location the other week (in deepest Chilterns).

I have been struggling with this since Thursday, speed down from 150mbs to 0.24 or so. It has been a bit of a comedown. A raging 1.8 at the moment.

Only found out after an hour on the phone with a limited capability phone support person almost certainly from India. Once he trashed my hub settings with out asking me first he then realised it was not my hub or computer settings but a major fibre problem. Allegedly being fixed by today.

According to some online test I'm getting 18 down and 1 up,on Virgin in a grim northern wasteland.

I feel deeply priveleged.

Mu.............................l ..........l

If anything its better than usual here, so if you guys could stay off it please, that would be great

4256651374.png

Back to normal but since moving down here I've never got a good ping or above 100Mbps despite paying for 150Mb

4257324965.png

advertisement

Back