advertisement

vintage Hi WAF speakers wanted for artists studio - possibly white coloured

ian r

401's Nakman
my danish misses has just finished her new Danish refurb of her studio home over Fife way.

Although presently separated Im trying to find a set of vintage ..and cheap (as she wont want hi expenditure on this) speakers

I was wondering if i could smuggle in some series 6 tannoys as they are designed for corners and are decent speakers... I could spray them white without committing a cultural crime...

However she would like something smaller and yet still nice to look at and minimalist, maybe old B&O smaller speakers ...but i doubt they are much good comapred to a wife trained on Nightingales, els57, big tannoys and briks

I dont think ceiling speakers are much good nor cheap, likewise planar speakers might be visually easy to hide but sonically?

I was looking for so e triangular shapes for upper room corners but only found muzak types not relly hifi

so cheap nice to look at speakers and designed for hi WAF. The sound sources will be mostly Films and radio mostly, maybe iPod later

Not Sota ...ideal but too expensive....

Acoustic Energy AE1. You could get the last series in white, and a very pretty little thing they are too, and matching stands which would look the part. They sound fab too!

Oh, come off it. A Danish wife wants some white speakers? Ye gods, man, she’s practically screaming “BUY ME B&O SPEAKERS NOW!!” :D

If diddiness is the primary factor, then go C70 or CX100. If sound comes first, then go for something like the S55/S80/S120. All were available in white and none should break the bank.

Oh, those cannon downward firing things, look like darth vadar, I know where I can get my hands on a pair....

my danish misses has just finished her new Danish refurb of her studio home over Fife way.
Ah, where about in Fife? That's my stomping ground. Do the speakers have to be vintage? I ask because there are plenty of decent mini-monitors - such as the AVI Nutron IVs we have - that are not half bad and tiny wee things that nobody could really complain about in a WAF-sense...

How about some nice Sonab OA12/14?

OA14-2.jpg

You mentioned the Sota speakers and I guess you were thinking the Cesti MB?

http://www.markaudiosota.co.uk/online_shop/speaker-type/monitor-bookshelf/cesti-mb/

MB_white_x.jpg

But maybe one of the smaller Tozzi would work? Obviously they don't go as loud but look pretty cool.

http://www.markaudiosota.co.uk/online_shop/speaker-type/mini-speaker/tozzi-one/

tozzi1_white.jpg

They can be desk mounted or you can use the standard camera thread on the bottom for mounting on wall plates etc.

I should declare that I warehouse these speakers on behalf of Sota as we have a relationship through me being the distributor for sister company Mark Audio drivers.

Yamaha, I think, do a weird looking speaker that looks like an egg and comes in white and looks great.

There's a guy on AOS selling a pair but he's not bumped the advert in months, I was thinking of buying them and did make a low offer on the basis that they might be difficult to shift but he knocked me back.

Might be worth a look though, think he was looking for £250 for them.

Tony

Edit found them

http://theartofsound.net/forum/show...-Eclipse-TD508-II-Speakers&highlight=Speakers

If you want to impress her with a bit of Danish quality, quite a few Dynaudios are available in white. Guru Junior or Q10 also come in white, and are at least Scandinavian, if not Danish. If you want small and white - Neat Iota, but they are English!

You mentioned the Sota speakers and I guess you were thinking the Cesti MB?

yes i was as these are ideal....except le prix. the tozzi looks great

But maybe one of the smaller Tozzi would work? Obviously they don't go as loud but look pretty cool.

I should declare that I warehouse these speakers on behalf of Sota as we have a relationship through me being the distributor for sister company Mark Audio drivers.

no worries ..i did refer to your products setting the tone...

Yamaha, I think, do a weird looking speaker that looks like an egg and comes in white and looks great.

There's a guy on AOS selling a pair but he's not bumped the advert in months, I was thinking of buying them and did make a low offer on the basis that they might be difficult to shift but he knocked me back.

Might be worth a look though, think he was looking for £250 for them.

Tony

Edit found them

http://theartofsound.net/forum/show...-Eclipse-TD508-II-Speakers&highlight=Speakers

funnilly enough i had a pair of ceiling dangling Big Technics balls in her last studio...she wont accept those ones anymore..

i think its the need to loose the speakers she wants... i dont know about ceiling tannoys but the cant be very good from a hifi perspective

advertisement

Back