advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

Wife & I just had the AZ Jab. Waiting for any after effects....
Felt ok this morning, just an achy arm.
But around 11 am, I started feeling shivery. By 2:30 felt achy all over, so bunked off work early, came home, Anadin Extra and spent a couple of hours under the duvet. Feel a bit better now.

BTW, I recall my wife telling me when she checked in for the jab, she was asked if she was pregnant! (she was 55 the week before last). Pardon, she said, assuming she mis-heard. I wonder what age they stop asking that question.

I had my first does of AZ yesterday morning. No side-effects. Even though I woke up a couple of times in the night and could hardly be said to have had a textbook good night's sleep, I feel like I've slept properly for the first time in months. I've been holding so much of the tension of distancing that it's exhausting. Of course this is no time for complacency; I have no antibodies yet. But at last the prospect of a way out seems real.
Yes, recalling your post, I came home and slept for four hours. I had been keyed up for it at 1pm today, easily irritated by other people’s preoccupations, some house buying stuff etc. I was unusually tense at the vaccination centre, person in front of me dithering then another giving their life story to the receptionist. Looking around the venue, I wondered if anyone thought they’d see this in their lifetime. My only similar experience was as a primary school kid and there being a diphtheria outbreak requiring all of us to go to the local public hall for an injection.

I had my AZ yesterday evening. All well so far.

I must add how impressed I was by the efficiency of the process and the positivity and enthusiasm of all of the staff. Some were near the end of long shifts and you would never have known (I asked).

AZ about ten minutes ago. Been told to sit in the car for fifteen minutes. Not sure what I’m supposed to do if I feel iffy in those fifteen minutes! An amazingly impressive endeavour, it’s running like clockwork, was rang up at 9pm last night and asked if I wanted to go. Above and beyond from the NHS I’d say. Amazing. Even given an appointment for round two in June!

AZ yesterday afternoon so just coming up on 24hrs. Nothing to speak of really, a bit tired and have finally taken some paracetamol for the headache that is more annoying than bad. Health centre called on Wednesday with Friday being first available.

Had my first AZ jab, 3 days later felt cold and a bit achy, next day OK. Ladywife had her AZ jab, just a sore arm, eldest daughter (54) had her AZ jab next day felt cold and grim, mostly OK day after. Different strokes for different folks.
John

I feel fine so does my wife we both had the AZ vaccine, I never felt a thing my wife said that it was a wee bit sore.

I actually felt really emotional.

My vaccinator was telling me that most of her family caught coronavirus including her 87 year old gran but the vaccinator was saying that she had to force feed her gran cause she stopped eating and didn’t want her going into hospital but she’s fine now.

Her grandad, who is 91, didn’t contract it cause the family managed to protect him by all wearing masks in the house, she was saying that she thinks it was school age relatives who brought the virus into the grandparents’ house.

Despite all of that above that lovely girl was working from seven am this morning until five tonight and back tomorrow to do the same which is helping people and the vaccine center was full of people like her all doing the same thing.

I honestly don’t know what we would do without the NHS and it’s amazing staff.

advertisement

Back