advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

Had the Pfizer booster this morning, superb job done by a small centre based in a tiny pharmacy. So glad I booked a slot, the walk in queue was a couple of hundred yards at least.

Managed to get a walk in this morning in Bangor. Been doing stuff for and looking after my 90 year old parents, and one son living with us is working every day in company, so felt anxious to get it moved forward from the very end of December. Hour and a half later arm's not hurting yet but do feel a bit disconnected.

I've been Pfizered all the way down. Ist jab, no effect; 2nd jab, mild overnight shivers; booster, no effect.

Me too - 1st shot, only mild soreness at the injection site; 2nd shot, same thing. Months later - 3rd shot, no symptoms day of, but for the next two days intermittent periods of brain fog, occasional dizziness and "fluishness" and, as @ff1d1l said, a bit "disconnected". By day 3 no symptoms.

On reflection, I did have a bit of 'disconnectedness' after the booster, too (I'd had muchly brain fog with the actual Covid), but I'd put that down at least partly to it being the weekend...

Better half had her booster this evening at a South London health centre. 20 min queue outside then another 10 inside. One queue for appointments, another (shorter!) queue for walk-ups. All seemed very efficient and organised to get as many people jabbed as quickly possible. Volunteer stewards friendly and helpful.

Funnily enough the queue snaked past a pharmacy that was also doing jabs - but no queue there :)

Not at all sure I'd recognise brain fog unless it's that not unpleasant discombobulated feeling after a good j in days of yore.
It definitely wasn't pleasant. An almost total inability to focus your attention. Couldn't read (read the same paragraph n times, still not going in), couldn't watch telly (couldn't follow even the simplest plot, and quiz programmes were right out). Like having one of those bad headcolds where it feels like your brain has turned to snot, but dialled up to 11.

I began to realise what it must feel like to be a Brexitier or a habitual Tory voter :p

It definitely wasn't pleasant. An almost total inability to focus your attention. Couldn't read (read the same paragraph n times, still not going in), couldn't watch telly (couldn't follow even the simplest plot, and quiz programmes were right out).

Must've O-Dd on extra powerful dope without any prior rehearsals. I flatly refused to recognise any effects for ages (despite others knowing better) until the penny dropped, but this was always listening to music on cans and speakers with others. They used to get a bit fed up with my requests for the Moodies et al (as I was more melodically and classically orientated previously) when they wanted Hendrix and the like. However, my hifi, my cans, my flat etc.....(their dope). :)

I had my booster [Moderna after two AZs] at ten to nine this morning at the [Malvern] There Counties Show Ground.

Ultra organised and quick. Army Doctor did the jab assisted by an NHS Nurse. Told to sit in the car for a quarter of an hour before leaving.

No side effects apart from a heavy somewhat dead arm after about an hour. Gone now though.

Did bleed this time, but that is pure luck.

Herefordshire now has fifty per cent triple vaccinated, which is high, the first vaccinations seem to have stalled at only eighty-seven per cent, while is below the national average.

Keep well and keep safe, but if there is a lesson from all this, it must be "keeping on living and having good days."

Best wishes from George

Wife got Pfizer booster on Friday at an exceedingly well organised venue, Easingwold 'Galtres' Centre. Slightly sore arm yesterday but zero ill effects.

They are not changing the bloody names, they are giving them bloody names. If you have a headache you might take a Nurofen, not a Reckitt. And Moderna has a newer vaccine in clinical trials that will have a different brand name.

Had my Moderna "Spikevax" boost yesterday at my GP surgery, turned up two hours early as something had come up and I needed to go to work which they didn't seem to mind! I had no reaction until after I went to bed some 14 hours later, I woke up feeling very warm in the early hours of the morning with the jab site and several neck, back and chest muscles on the same side feeling very sore. Thermometer confirmed my temp was higher than usual and I really struggled to get back to sleep. Temp has now returned to normal, but I feel pretty fuggy headed and a little sick, though that could just be from the lack of sleep of course. I wasn't really expecting any reaction of note, as I had none with my first two (Pfisers!)

I had Moderna booster after two Astra zenecas on Tuesday.

Daughter came home from school on Wednesday with a cough and had PCR that day , Thursday came back positive for corona but didn’t state which variety.

So she’s isolating and I’m waiting for any symptoms to appear. So far I’ve been completely free of any, so fingers crossed that this vaccination stuff seems to work.

advertisement

Back