advertisement

Uncut Album of the Year

Which year? I've just caught up with an Eno album from the 70s that I've never heard before. These things take time.

God almighty what I have to deal with on here? I can visualise them sniggering away like 5 year olds!

Manchester's Piccadilly Records published their end-of-year review yesterday - the usual fantastic book, packed with reviews and highlights. Well worth picking up if you're in the vicinity, but it's readable online too. Their AOTY is Kelly Lee Owens' self-titled debut.

I totally agree with the choice. LCD Soundsystem is the whole package: great songs, great lyrics, great performances. Body and soul in unison. You can easily hear all their influences but somehow they (well, he, it's really James Murphy) make something so unique.

And Mojo's album of the year too.
It's bloody great. Just listening to their No 2 choice Nadia Reid; wonderful. Women singer-songwriters are one of the best things in popular music just now (actually for a while). St Vincent, Angel Olson, Jane Weaver, Molly Burch and Courtney Marie Andrews to mention a few.

either something's wrong with the nme website, or there's a 90 way tie for 11 place.

advertisement

Back