advertisement

Ukraine V

i can't see anything good about cia operating along the russian border and then letting russia destroy such a huge parts of ukraine territory. i was heavily criticized here 2 years ago when i said this war can be ended only with nato troops on red square. but ukrainian lives are cheaper, actually they cost nothing.
Well, we can disagree amicably. I think intelligence and tech in this proxy war is useful to all parties. Except the enemy. Whether it’s been used well is another matter. I can’t see Nato invading unless directly attacked.

Putin restructuring his military manufacturing base - long game move.

Well, we can disagree amicably. I think intelligence and tech in this proxy war is useful to all parties. Except the enemy. Whether it’s been used well is another matter. I can’t see Nato invading unless directly attacked.

its very easy, just accept ukraine into nato and nato will be directly attacked.... why not.

its very easy, just accept ukraine into nato and nato will be directly attacked.... why not.
The fact it isn’t is the whole point currently. On a personal level however, I think we’re near a tipping point. Macron will be only the first to voice options more publicly.

Watched the 20 Days In Mariupol documentary last night. Astonishing film making but a harrowing watch. Even after two years of constant war reportage it was viscerally raw, shocking, ghastly stuff. Ukraine's allies aren't doing nearly enough.

I caught a glimpse of another sinking of/damage to a Russian ship in the lunchtime news but nothing more on 2 other news channels. Seems that the Ukrainians are using clever stuff and marine drones (remotely guided boats?). Stuff like this, which I consider important stuff, hardly gets a mention.

I caught a glimpse of another sinking of/damage to a Russian ship in the lunchtime news but nothing more on 2 other news channels. Seems that the Ukrainians are using clever stuff and marine drones (remotely guided boats?). Stuff like this, which I consider important stuff, hardly gets a mention.
Not much info out, maybe this reported by a Z blogger:
At night, the Ukrainians sank our Sergey Kotov patrol ship. An anmanned warship hit it.​

Also hit another ship - cargo vessel run aground, Russians using as command centre. Might have been a French munition.

little guided plastic boats which can travel a LONG way on their batteries and are undetectable until it's too late as far as I saw on the telly the other night. I wonder if they could make submarine versions that would be even more effective? Great news anyway.

little guided plastic boats which can travel a LONG way on their batteries and are undetectable until it's too late as far as I saw on the telly the other night. I wonder if they could make submarine versions that would be even more effective? Great news anyway.
Certainly good news for Ukraine but rather chilling when one considers how these could be used elsewhere.

One can imagine naval drones being used in both attack and defence in Taiwan, attacking international shipping, piracy, terrorism etc.

One can imagine naval drones being used in both attack and defence in Taiwan, attacking international shipping, piracy, terrorism etc.
Dunno about a potential CCP/PRC flare-up, but surprised the Houthis haven't used them. Mind you, they'd play havoc against a naval invasion force, I expect.

advertisement

Back