advertisement

Trends in printing/framing

Was having issues with my Epson SC P600, heads wouldn't clean. Took it apart and there was so much gunk in the head cleaning pads, wiper and excess pad that I'm not surprised it refused to work. Cleaned out the pads and it cleaned up first time. Not having printer cleaning solvent, I used some of my Right Stuff record cleaning fluid. I've ordered some Magic Bullet fluid to clean the print heads and an external waste tank.

Was having issues with my Epson SC P600, heads wouldn't clean. Took it apart and there was so much gunk in the head cleaning pads, wiper and excess pad that I'm not surprised it refused to work. Cleaned out the pads and it cleaned up first time. Not having printer cleaning solvent, I used some of my Right Stuff record cleaning fluid. I've ordered some Magic Bullet fluid to clean the print heads and an external waste tank.

Although I'd occasionally like some more control over the final product, I am so glad that I decided to sub-contract my printing a few years ago...

That doesn't sound good - I do find that after switching between PK / MK I sometimes have to clean the print head, but it always cleans up first time. Here's hoping that yours stays clean from now on.

Lefty

That doesn't sound good - I do find that after switching between PK / MK I sometimes have to clean the print head, but it always cleans up first time. Here's hoping that yours stays clean from now on.

Lefty

It's all gone pear-shaped. There is definitely something wrong with the LS print head. An intermittent fault. Currently not working. New printer time. At least I've learned how to maintain a printer and the Ink Potty from Octoink is a very good investment for £20 and can be detached and put on the new unit.

I'll be sticking with the SC P600 and Fotospeed inflow system. Fortunately can justify putting it through my business.

To make cleaning easier, the casing can be removed and replaced inside of 3 minutes. A total of 12 small screws.

It's all gone pear-shaped. There is definitely something wrong with the LS print head. An intermittent fault. Currently not working. New printer time. At least I've learned how to maintain a printer and the Ink Potty from Octoink is a very good investment for £20 and can be detached and put on the new unit.

I'll be sticking with the SC P600 and Fotospeed inflow system. Fortunately can justify putting it through my business.

To make cleaning easier, the casing can be removed and replaced inside of 3 minutes. A total of 12 small screws.

Sorry to hear that :(

I know that you've said you're sticking with the P600, but are you tempted to move to the P800 (or perhaps even the Canon Pro 1000 if you can accommodate its bulk - I hear nothing but good things about that printer). I'd love to be able to make A2 prints at home, but only if I actually managed to sell some prints! (honestly, my main print sales come from family photo shoots. I've only ever sold a handful of prints outside of that)

Lefty

advertisement

Back