advertisement

[WTD] Transformer for Quad FM1

chiily

PFM Special Builder
On the off chance that someone has a transformer that can provide about 330Vac @50mA, plus a 6.3Vac @1.5A to power a FM1.

Ta.

It's interesting isn't it. I've been looking around for a transformer to allow me to try DC heaters as well as the correct HT voltage, and all at the right ratings.

There are plenty of transformers that will do the HT and a single 6.3V, but ones that I can find on the Primary Windings website (I would like to buy from the UK if I can), with dual 6.3V, so I can double up to 12.6V and then filter and regulate down to 6.3Vdc have HT current way above the 30mA for the FM1....

I did find this one, in China.

Just something to try, like Martin did, looking the the FM1 the heater wires are not twisted, so DC seemed the way to go.

I haven't used mine in a long time - think its just AC heating though in the last tinker at the PSU box - I used a CM choke on the heater supply output.

I have just been given a second FM1 for nowt / no valves, but good cosmetics: so a bit of a rebuild... so that's a nice winter project : )

advertisement

Back