advertisement

Tory Leadership Runners and Riders

Truss, by 80k to 60k, so no landslide, basically no real mandate from the membership, parliamentary party, let alone the wider electorate. The party is screwed, all the backstabbing and infighting will continue. \o/

PS Good grief her speech is shit. First round The Apprentice-grade shit.

Predictably, Johnson wants back in. He refused to leave as PM yet at the same time abdicates from the responsibilities demanded by the position. Between his time holidaying, he rallies his troops in best pantomime Churchill fashion to undermine the crowning of The Lizard Queen.

Sordid, brutal, squalid. And just another day shitting in the Tory swamp. Meanwhile the country goes to hell in a hand cart.

John

Is this another episode of Britain's Got Talent?
A system that enables someone like Truss to become PM is truly broken.

A system that enables someone like Truss to become PM is truly broken.

Absolutely. She clearly has no legitimate mandate inside her party, let alone outside. I suspect it will all crumble fairly swiftly.

The talking heads on Sky were pointing out that in past situations when the Tories have done this (their leaders very seldom survive a full parliamentary term these days) the new one tends to emerge with a >60% lead from the party’s tiny membership. Truss has just 47% of the membership behind her. Plus maybe as little as 40% of the parliamentary party given the way the leadership votes started out and developed over time. Add to that her entirely charisma-free presentation techniques and inability to stand up to scrutiny on the fly and I hope she’ll crash and burn fast.

Hopefully Starmer, Lucas, Moran, Blackford and others will rip her to shreds at PMQs on Wednesday. We are in a national death-spiral and her answer appears to be tax cuts for the rich. She needs destroying fast.

Absolutely. She clearly has no legitimate mandate inside her party, let alone outside. I suspect it will all crumble fairly swiftly.

The talking heads on Sky were pointing out that in past situations when the Tories have done this (their leaders very seldom survive a full parliamentary term these days) the new one tends to emerge with a >60% lead from the party’s tiny membership. Truss has just 47% of the membership behind her. Plus maybe as little as 40% of the parliamentary party given the way the leadership votes started out and developed over time. Add to that her entirely charisma-free presentation techniques and inability to stand up to scrutiny on the fly and I hope she’ll crash and burn fast.

Hopefully Starmer, Lucas, Moran, Blackford and others will rip her to shreds at PMQs on Wednesday. We are in a national death-spiral and her answer appears to be tax cuts for the rich. She needs destroying fast.

Let's hope she's either dumb or weak enough to call an early election.

Winchester services, within 30 mins of result :D

FdZGx16.jpg

(He went to Winchester College too… :D)

It was good of the Tory membership to pick the candidate least popular with the electorate.

Indeed and one percent of the ballot papers were defaced...

The one percenters, that would be their tory backers.

Ominous premonition for her.

Lovely.

Fintan O'Toole on the money again.

Liz Truss will make Johnson seem a political genius, May a mistress of empathy, Cameron a beacon of sincerity

Tory Party has chosen, not to wake up to the increasingly grim realities of contemporary Britain, but to double down on game of ‘let’s pretend’

It was good of the Tory membership to pick the candidate least popular with the electorate.

You mean either were popular? In case you had forgotten Sunak lied to Parliament and I don't think this was questioned once during the past 5 weeks. He has reaped just desserts.

I am anything but a fan of Truss or anything Conservative.

Regards

Richard

advertisement

Back