advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
a 1/3 of Cloudwater X Verdant DIPA (8%)

20220603-135638.jpg

Just finished digging out the rotten fence post broken a couple of months ago...

A bit of an ordeal, seemed to be buried about 6 feet down. Chiselling the concrete was very slow, so got the SDS out. Even then, had issues with the wider head chisel bits getting stuck due to the broken bits backfilling behind the head, so had to rescue the wide bit with the straight shank bit. Eventually, decided not going too deep was the answer, just continually breaking it up, remove the bits and repeat (x100).

Eventually, I was able to wack the broken bit back and forth enough to loosen it for removal. I'm knackered now

Trip to the woodyard in the next village beckons. Might leave it to next weekend. I need one post, 2 six foot panels (one for the front at the side, which slots into a concrete post, so that will be easy), and one for the back with new post, and some bits to make up a 3 foot end piece.

Had a tooth out a week last Weds. By the Friday felt it wasn't healing well so back to Dentist Assured all was well. 24 hours later the pain really kicked in and after 48 sleepless hours on max paracetamol I turned up at Dentist before they opened Tues last.
Diagnosis..unsurprisingly was a Dry Socket.
So it was packed with a dressing and over 3 days later is still sore..but tolerable.
Meanwhile..I'm busy putting playlists together for our Street Party on Sunday. Working on including something from all 7 decades.. but centred around 60s/70s as befits the street demographic. Surprisingly hard to strike the right balance.
Still..nobody else has offered so they'll get what they're given!!:D

Trying to obtain some crown paint in a specific colour but b&q dont stock it

Repaired a window and enjoyed a lovely walk by the sea avoiding at least 2 noisy jubilee parties on the way . I must say the place is incredibly colourful with colourful knitted things on seats , poles , walls, post boxes and even parking bollards ....devonians know how to party !!!

Forgot to mention that the beacon was lit atop the majestic slopes of the Billinge Massif last night. I can't walk up there now but at least I saw pics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back