advertisement

Time has come to service my old LP12, Lingo, Ittok with a OC9.

audioflyer

No going back once you heard a ceramic cartridge
The last time the turntable had a service was about 2012 and it has not been used since, as I prefered my Phonosophie No.3, Thorens TP90 tonearm with a Arkiv B and lately Philips GP390 ceramic cartridge.

Currently I'm using a modified Thorens TD160 Super, rewired RB300 and GP390 ceramic cartridge with Para-trace stylus.

Back to my LP12 setup so far I’ve serviced the Lingo and check the OC9 now to the tonearm what do I need to look for if I have any issues with the Ittok?

I'm going to fit a new sub chassis amd narrowed it down to the Kore or Magik.

The Kore sub chassis was not an option as I wanted to experiment with a few different tonearms.
Having got hold of a Majik chassis to replace the Cirkus I’ve also brought a set of new springs, nut bolts, washers and a belt. So do I need to buy a new armboard to fit the Ittok to the Magik sub chassis and is there anything I should be aware of when doing the LP12 rebuild?

Are you going to use it? If not why spend money on something you're only going to look at. If you're desperate to get rid of some cash the Sally Army is always on the lookout.

advertisement

Back