advertisement

Tidal quality stuck on 'low' 320

Reading up on the (original) Rega DAC, it only supports max 44.1 / 48kHz sample rates on its USB input.

Emailed Tidal last night and reply waiting this morning, apparently Safari doesn’t support ‘High’ res, others do:

Thank you for contacting TIDAL Support!

We appreciate your interest in choosing TIDAL for your listening. We are sorry to tell you that currently, some web browsers do not support High quality. Here is a little breakdown of which browsers can deliver which audio qualities.

• Safari
    • No support for High and MAX Streaming.
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Brave
    • No support for High.

The Following Web browsers can deliver High Streaming:

• Google Chrome
  • Opera
  • Vivaldi

Emailed Tidal last night and reply waiting this morning, apparently Safari doesn’t support ‘High’ res, others do:

Thank you for contacting TIDAL Support!

We appreciate your interest in choosing TIDAL for your listening. We are sorry to tell you that currently, some web browsers do not support High quality. Here is a little breakdown of which browsers can deliver which audio qualities.

• Safari
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Brave
    • No support for High.

The Following Web browsers can deliver High Streaming:

• Google Chrome
  • Opera
  • Vivaldi
That's not quite right. Microsoft Edge does support High quality, that's what I tried it on. Edge is a Google chrome platform.

It’s all new to me, will try one of the other browsers 🤞
Downloaded 'Vivaldi' and 'Opera' to try; using Vivaldi at the mo and Tidal now appears to be working on 'High' audio quality 😎

Thanks for the suggestions 🙏

👍 Out of interest is there a reason why you can't use the Tidal App instead?
Don't think it works on a desktop Mac mini, doesn't even show up if I search the App Store. Would be a lot simpler if it was an option.
Longer term I hope to get a dedicated streamer which would hopefully be more straightforward.

advertisement

Back