advertisement

Thorens TD-150

Tony L

Administrator
Here we have a fairly tidy little Thorens TD-150:

3854959035_8a64503903_o.jpg

I’ve checked it and it seems to work, i.e. turn it on and the big round bit goes around. The main bearing looks in great shape, no wear on the shaft, no flat spot on the ball. It has it’s manual too and as you can see in the pic the armboard is cut for a SME 3009.

3855748786_bc0d2ae5a7_o.jpg

It also comes with a Dust Bug mark. I will not charge extra for this. I had a very quick go at removing it, I tried a little Isopropyl and also some Servisol sticky label remover, neither would budge it, but I very deliberately did not try anything abrasive. It may well be possible to get this off with some patience. The only other downside is that the letters are worn a bit faint on the speed knob. Otherwise it’s pretty tidy. It will certainly need a new mains wire though as it has a potentially dangerous bit of bell-wire, which I guess is what it came with. This has been cut too short to be of use anyway, but changing it would be a five minute job. Half an hour with some Brasso wadding will get the platter gleaming and the mat is in nice shape. It has no lid. By coincidence I had a brand new belt for a TD-150, that's it in the foam packaging, so that is included too. This has the potential to be a very nice sounding deck IMO. Plenty of TD-150 facts and advice here, these things are a tweaker's paradise. An LP12 on the cheap?

3854959355_53557621cd_o.jpg

Look! It’s an EMT! Yes folks, you can own an EMT turntable for very little money!

I’ll donate this to the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund, but I’ll want postage costs myself if you can’t collect it (about 12 quid at a guess, but I’ll charge whatever it weighs when packed). I also don’t want it to go for absolute peanuts, so let's start bidding at £50 (plus P&P). Auction runs for 2 weeks, so I’ll close it at 6pm on the 8th of September.

Tony.

Many thanks John. Time to give the thread another bounce as there's still two days to go and this chap...

r245r6.jpg

...wants some more bids!

Tony.

Thanks very much John - I've found a decent box and lots of styrofoam, bubble wrap, foam chips etc so I'm on the case. I'll pack it in pretty much kit form and isolate the parts as well as I can, once I've got it sealed up I'll try and figure out the weight and get in touch via PM.

Tony.

Cheers Tony ! I'm looking forward to tweaking and listening to the old beauty.

John R

advertisement

Back