advertisement

The watch thread: pocket, wrist, sporty, showy? You name it!

That’s unfortunate, one of the benefits of Nato type straps is that the watch will stay on your wrist if a spring bar breaks, but if both bars go at once; what are the odds?!
Yes quite. I wonder if one went and the weight of the watch wrenched the other one out - it's quite a lump!

IMG-8109.jpg

New G10 strap for the Sea Urchin

Yes quite. I wonder if one went and the weight of the watch wrenched the other one out - it's quite a lump!
That's exactly what will have happened, you probably have some worn or cheap and cheerful spring bars fitted. I had this with a Seiko 805, it was prone to falling off. A NATO with new springs fixed this and it's now as robust as it ever needs to be. Add in that when you fit a NATO and pull it you only pull the strap, it doesn't load the spring pins unless you are pulling directly on the body of the watch itself.

I appear to be having a run of bad luck with spring bars giving way.

Can anyone please recommend a brand of very good spring bars for a heavy watch in 20mm if that makes a difference and indeed where to buy them.

Many thanks.

The double-flange spring bars that came with my Rolex Explorer look totally solid, maybe you can buy spare ones. You'd probably have to pay a premium for them... but they do appear to be premium spring bars so you get what you pay for.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back