advertisement

The Rise of the Far Right

After my first holiday in the UK I had a Union Jack hanging in my room. Back in 1987, it didn't make me think of Thatcher, but of great brit rock in filthy basement clubs. Let's face it, the flag is an absolute beauty, a perfect design IMO. And it often made me play some Who.

I couldn't for the life of me imagine hanging the Swiss flag in my garden, if I had one. But apparently it makes some people happy, let them have it.

3726220813_4660c4f213_c.jpg

Here is an extraordinarily rare picture. Me holding a Union Flag! I’m top right, Nigel from HMHB is on the other side. In my defence it is at least upside down and has something written on it that I can’t remember. Would have been about 1985-6, the picture is of some of the bands that rehearsed at Waterloo Rd/Vulcan Studios, Liverpool. The location is the demolished Tate & Lyle factory. Much of Liverpool was a post-industrial wasteland at the time.

I think that is the only time I’ve ever been near one!

That Rush cover reminds me of the 1969 movie The Bed Sitting Room where the world is destroyed, everything is rubble but in Britain people are still carrying on as if it's a minor inconvenience.

Here is an example of television in the post-apocalyptic future :)
BedSittingRoom%2B%252812%2529.jpg

Anyway back to our regular programming for the thread.

Great Replacement Theory, mainstreamed.

‘Robert Jenrick, "Our nation has a right to preserve itself.. Those crossing have different lifestyles and values to those in the UK.. There is no more important issue in our domestic politics than who gets to come to this country."’

https://twitter.com/implausibleblog/status/1651322677922091009?s=46&t=MNUZ63yrgDvorhewXKVM1w

Nasty little Nazi bastards.

I suppose that the refugees do have different lifestyles and values compared to the average Tory MP (they work hard and follow the law). The problem is not so much that refugees are coming into the UK, so much as the fact that we're not shipping Tory MPs in the other direction.

I suppose that the refugees do have different lifestyles and values compared to the average Tory MP (they work hard and follow the law). The problem is not so much that refugees are coming into the UK, so much as the fact that we're not shipping Tory MPs in the other direction.

Well, the likes of Patel, Braverman, Zahawi and Sunak are playing with fire. If the baying crowd they’re throwing red meat to ever got their way, that lot would be on the first flight out of Heathrow.

Well, the likes of Patel, Braverman, Zahawi and Sunak are playing with fire. If the baying crowd they’re throwing red meat to ever got their way, that lot would be on the first flight out of Heathrow.

Yes, and the hypocrisy and lack of empathy is stunning.

Sadly, lots of Reform UK banners and flyers up around where I live at the minute, one is about 10 foot big on the side of a bloody house!

Actually just this week I met someone from this forum who lives in Pimlico. I wonder if he's ever smelt the weed fumes coming out of the windows in Eton Square -- I haven't.

Wealthy drug use is largely odourless and arrives in powdered form. I’d bet good money on at least a quarter of the Tory benches testing positive for cocaine. It is visible in the behaviour of many of them, they don’t even bother trying to hide it!

Wealthy drug use is largely odourless and arrives in powdered form. I’d bet good money on at least a quarter of the Tory benches testing positive for cocaine. It is visible in the behaviour of many of them, they don’t even bother trying to hide it!
Not only that, but should their Class A drug use be discovered they’d receive a slap on the wrist, whereas a black kid dealing a bit of weed would be jailed.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-be-jailed-for-drug-offences-research-reveals

Live now: it’s Nazis vs. drag show time again (Twitter).

How the hell have we got to this point? A failed political ideology that in WWII alone caused the death of somewhere between 30,000,000 and 60,000,00 vs. something that is 100% harmless.

PS It hopefully makes life far easier when forming opinions on LGBTQ+ human rights; do you want to stand with the actual fascists/Nazis, or everyone else? There is no fence to sit on here. If one ever finds oneself on the side of actual Nazis it is safe to conclude a serious rethink of one’s life choices is required.

advertisement

Back