advertisement

the quest for musical Valhalla is at an end

Excellent, a $750 air freshener. I think my Mum has one hanging up in her downstairs loo, but as it probably came from Tesco she'd have paid less than $750. Maybe it improves the acoustics in there, certainly before she installed it I found the room rather small with lots of echoes.

A fool and his money are easily parted. Don't be a fool.

PS I would not post this if I did not sense the OP was being ironic of course.

that is such an odd way to open an article:

"Holger Stein, the man behind Stein Music has some understanding of quantum physics and advanced engineering."

i expected the next sentence to be: "he has his PHD from MIT"....but no qualification stated at all

I have some understanding of quantum physics. I watched a Horizon programme once. As for advanced engineering, I've seen most of that programme where James May makes stuff out of Meccano. Clearly I'm more qualified than I thought.

You are indeed. Just as I've gained a great insight into ornithology by having a bird table in the back garden and enjoying watching the magpies and jays battle it out for supremacy of the 3rd branch from the end.

I love the bit where the reviewer says the 'designer' has "some understanding of quantum physics" - utter genius (and utter bollox). I have sufficient understanding of quantum physics to know that it doesn't support any ideas about 'precision cut crystals in a matrix' etc. So it's a bunch of semi-precious stones potted into a small jelly mould and has significantly more to do with magik than quantum physics.

So the next fad will presumably be a sealed listening room fed with a precise mix of nitrogen and oxygen and none of the nasty stuff that the Blue Suns claim to filter out..

(I got Physics A level albeit grade E - does that count?)

I just read about his 'Harmonizer' - that sounds to me suspiciously like a small ozone generator which you could buy for about £50.
Funny thing is that an ozone generator might indeed alter the sound characteristics of a room.

Ozone is indeed toxic. I have used it in factories, it's an effective sterilant. You do have to take measurements to ensure that the levels in the factory where people are working doesn't exceed the MEL/8hr.

"He uses precision cut crystals arranged in exact configurations putting out fields that allow these sound waves from our loudspeakers and through air molecules with less resistance"

So there we have it. Peter Belt eat your heart out.

Do people remember the Tice clock - back when Foo still had to be plugged into the mains - at least it also told the time :).

Imagine if it had had crystals glued to it too....

Most supermarkets sell a red liquid that always makes the hifi sound better. One glass is usually enough, but more can be consumed if desired. Personally I prefer the French brands.

advertisement

Back