advertisement

The over-hyped Eversolo DMP A6: Some Impressions

I don’t think it was done intentionally I just think it was recognised as another product. My A6 showed up as something else at first and Roon did work. Must have had something in common I suppose.
I've read the explications on the Roon & Zidoo forums, it appears that the Zidoo marketing people were faster( wilier ?) than the Roon certification people. Accidental, or intentional, I think the people using their DMP-A6, whilst it was uncertified, as Roon Ready were pretty happy. Clearly Roon weren't.

It appears, as far as the DMP-A8 is concerned, that there are work arounds for roon use via squeezebox emulation, or some such, but they are very kludgy as far as I am concerned.

From my PoV, yes. It's not everyone's objective but I like digital parts of (edit) audio systems to provide the same experience from the same source material. However, to over-generalize, ISTM that the key element of a perception of difference comes not from the listener's the ears, but from the listener's brain.

The information carried by the common two-channel audio system isn't enough to reproduce the audio sound-field of any real audio event. If the listener perceives some version of a real event, and many people do I think or at least want to, it's the listener's brain filling in the missing detail from previous audio experience, as well as from expectation, from bias, from mood, from equipment "look and feel", and from lots of other non-audio senses and origins.

So if someone perceives a difference where my brain thinks there should be none I say "sure". But someone else's experience does not dictate mine, even though the language used to express the experience often looks rather didactic.
.....summed up in a nutshell !!!

advertisement

Back