advertisement

The Man in the High Castle - Season 2?

DevillEars

Dedicated ignorer of fashion
I see from the internet that, on Friday night, Amazon Original have kicked off the 10-episode binge release of Season 2 of Philip K. Dick's "The Man in the High Castle".

Anyone watched any of these yet? Curious to hear how Season 2 stacks up against Season 1 and whether or not it is now time to re-consider an Amazon subscription.

Their recent binge release of Season 3 of "Mozart in the Jungle" might just add some extra mass to the "Yes" side of the balance.

Dave

I gave up too but I am watching Mozart in the Jungle 3. Solely for the shots of Venice, where it is set. The story is dreadful.

Season one was the best thing I've seen on TV for a decade. Really looking forward to season 2.
100% in agreement. It moves quite a long way from the original book, but it does introduce interesting new characters (Obergruppenführer John Smith - love that name and title combination! - and Chief Inspector Kido of the Kempeitai). Clearly we're looking at parallel universes with interchange possible, but to what degree?

Unfortunately I see that Frank Spotnitz (ex-The X-Files), one of the driving forces behind the show, has departed. That doesn't augur well for the future.

Yes, I enjoyed Season 1, though as with all these things (Mr. Robot included, which I thought was the best thing to come out of Amazon) there is the tendency to drag stories out unnecessarily. Looking forward to season 2...

I had a small issue as an Aikido teacher with MITHC, Season 1. Our hero is supposed to be some kind of Aikido expert, yet the actress had an entire 7 hours of tuition. This is s-d all.

Why do the British and Americans always do this? The Chinese and Japanese wouldn't dream of it.

Regards

Their recent binge release of Season 3 of "Mozart in the Jungle" might just add some extra mass to the "Yes" side of the balance.

Dave

Of course if you buy much stuff from Amazon, the balance changes considerably. Amazon Prime is a good service, although it does encourage spending.

Regards

I had a small issue as an Aikido teacher with MITHC, Season 1. Our hero is supposed to be some kind of Aikido expert, yet the actress had an entire 7 hours of tuition. This is s-d all.

Why do the British and Americans always do this? The Chinese and Japanese wouldn't dream of it.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, pisses me off. I'm quite prepared to be flown out to LA to give some tuition. Just send a limo and a private jet.

Actually I liked David Carradine in Kung Fu. At least he made the effort. Quentin Tarantino does a fair job too.

But, he's new. He doesn't know his strength. He-he might not know those fancy martial art skills they inevitably seem to pick up.

Dawn Summers, sister of Buffy and occasional multi-dimensional key, pointing out the writers knew it was silly, but...

advertisement

Back