advertisement

The longest most boring song?

Woodface

pfm Member
I was listening to Radio Paradise earlier today while sitting down to Sunday dinner. A song began, it never seems to end, I actually felt time was standing still. I’d finished eating before it finished.

It was Desolation Row by Bob Dylan.

I have the album from whence it came, listened to it once, was reminded why.

Any other contenders.

You're probably not going to like Dylan's "Murder Most Foul" then...

I find both mesmerizing.

My candidate for long and dreary would be "Battle of Evermore" on LZ IV. It may only clock in at 5:38, but it seems much longer. "Four Sticks" is pretty dreary and monotonous too, at only 4:46.

I have found Gillian Welch's "I Dream a Highway" can bring a party to a slow end. But I actually quite like it myself and wish it was longer.

You're probably not going to like Dylan's "Murder Most Foul" then...

I find both mesmerizing.

My candidate for long and dreary would be "Battle of Evermore" on LZ IV. It may only clock in at 5:38, but it seems much longer. "Four Sticks" is pretty dreary and monotonous too, at only 4:46.
I like that too! Sandy with a heavy cold. This is going to be a best songs ever thread and can suggest ‘Sad Eyed lady of the lowlands’

Shellac - Didn't We Reserve a Look at You the Way You Really Are

The working title for this was, in fact, “The Long, Slow, Boring Song”. But I've always liked it.

‘7 Skies H3’ by The Flaming Lips is a quite long and boring song; 24 hours long in fact.

This appears to be half of it…

I have found Gillian Welch's "I Dream a Highway" can bring a party to a slow end. But I actually quite like it myself and wish it was longer.
I absolutely adore Gillian Welch and would drop everything to see her live again if she ever returned to these shores.

'I Dream A Highway' is 10 minutes too long. Good call!

I defy anyone to endure all 26 minutes of Focus’s ‘Anonymus II’ from Focus III. Starts promisingly enough with some groovy polyrhythmic classical rock and swiftly descends into endless and terrible drum and bass solos. So long, it faded out on side 3 and then back up on side 4.

I can think of at least two drone metal albums (Boris’s AbsoluteEgo and Sleep’s Dopesmoker) where there is only one 60+ minute track of colliding slow metal. They’re both fabulous, thrilling albums. Not sure I’d have them on for a family meal, though.

advertisement

Back