advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

I feel for those who have parted with good money and received so little. If it were me I would feel exploited and likely take more formal action. I’m surprised that JW would risk reputation and integrity like he does. Shameful really.

Is it just me or is he about to rinse and repeat the whole shameful exercise with a new project/batch of 'investors'?
I have not seen any new “investors” on FB it is just the more optimistic among the original “investors”. The big question is if it is the usual cycle of spec/price estimates and soon finished that we have seen each year or if it is for real this time.
And I am only interested in a DAC that surpasses my Holo Audio May DAC. If John delivers that then everything is forgiven. Until then I am not angry but disappointed.

I honestly believe that this is another delaying tactic. The goal posts have moved so much that I think it’s now just a fantasy in his head. It will never happen. Our money has long since gone.

And I am only interested in a DAC that surpasses my Holo Audio May DAC.

As I listen more and more to the Holo Spring 3 which in my view is a couple of % points below your May, I'm coming to the conclusion that you're requirement is imposible to deliver. On just SQ the Holo in my view will be incredibly hard to beat, but on features such as in-built streamer and ability to have phono inputs etc, the Xdac if it's ever made will offer greater flexibilty. Even on build quality I'll be impressed if John can match the Holo.

Years since I last visited here, seems not much happened. Where's my Detox?

Seems as a renewal of my 8 year old offering to PM this venture is in order, Ha ha ha ;-)

I have not seen any new “investors” on FB it is just the more optimistic among the original “investors”. The big question is if it is the usual cycle of spec/price estimates and soon finished that we have seen each year or if it is for real this time.
And I am only interested in a DAC that surpasses my Holo Audio May DAC. If John delivers that then everything is forgiven. Until then I am not angry but disappointed.

I thought that he’s referring to investors handling over MORE money to a project that’s 9 or so years behind schedule atm which is going to be a big decision for those concerned, do you twist or fold at this point?

I thought that he’s referring to investors handling over MORE money to a project that’s 9 or so years behind schedule atm which is going to be a big decision for those concerned, do you twist or fold at this point?
Yes that is the question. Personally I want to see a finished product before sending more money.

I come back to this thread now and again. It's a depressing story and perhaps lesson in so many ways. So much trust, so much letdown.

I did have a quick scoot around Facebook but found only what feels like an opening/holding post. Could someone please point me to where the "business" appears to be active? You may wish to do so by private message; I'd certainly suggest not posting any actual link here. Many thanks to whoever!

WRT Westlake's FB group, the question remains, are those who haven't joined still recognized as investors?

Last edited:
WRT Westlake's FB group, the question remains, are those who haven't joined still recognized as investors?

I think JohnW has a full chart of all the investors detailing all payments and what they were for. So if you are an investor there should be a record. It should be possible for you to request to join the FB, should you wish to do so, some details of your investment may be required. I know this because I requested details of my payments a few years ago and they were accurately provided (by his wife).

Last edited:

advertisement

Back