advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

I'm planning to go to Munich 23, for the first time. I'm looking forward to the XDac even if it's only an empty box... After so many years, it will be fun to see something. I guess John will be trying to find a company to buy it.

I'm still waiting to see which makes it to market first - John's DAC or the new TVR.

Given that he's been waiting 8 months for the, as yet unpacked, phase noise analyser and is only now working on stuff to enable him to use it, my guess would be the TVR or the oft rumoured forthcoming straight eight, supercharged Hispano-Suiza.

As everybody knows, the purpose of a DAC is to convert 0s and 1s to an analog signal.
So we should be glad that John has managed to solve the first part in the last 9 years already!
There are only the 1s which still pose some difficulties...

Just had look on FB... The last update was November 2nd. I wonder if the new drawings of what the XDac might look like were ever done.

Topping have released two dacs since 2nd November, smsl have released two dacs and a dac- streamer since then.

It's just a joke, he's spunked all that money up the wall.

I vote we close this thread, it just makes some people angry, being constantly reminded.
Though maybe we could all club together to send JW a christmas card signed by all his sponsors with the words - thanks for nothing, merry christmas.

advertisement

Back