advertisement

The Doors and Jim Morrison Docu's on BBC4 tonight

TheDecameron

Unicorns fart glitter.
A bit before my time, I however had more respect for the Doors after seeing this programme. Morrison was the arch Gouchmeister surrounded by clever musicians. As confirmation the subsequent programme about the lizard king himself was turgid and dull. A bit like listening to the wisdome of comrade Elvis. Give em lyrics and a band but for god's sake dont interview them.

I really enjoyed the 'making of' doc', but decided to listen to 'The Doors' album instead of watching Jim's doc'.
Sounds like it was the right thing to do.

Jim has got to be one of the most misunderstood and misrepresented popular artists in my book.
His poetry is easily ridiculed but what a ****ing performer! The embodiment of everything rock n roll should stand for.
As for albums, I believe they peaked at Strange Days, but my favs are their last two. Jim sure could sing the Blues.

Jim has got to be one of the most misunderstood and misrepresented popular artists in my book.
His poetry is easily ridiculed but what a ****ing performer! The embodiment of everything rock n roll should stand for.
As for albums, I believe they peaked at Strange Days, but my favs are their last two. Jim sure could sing the Blues.

I like his poetry, I like the man, when he sings he makes you feel something, something deep that youve lost, at the end of the documentary, they mention the word "primal" thats pretty much it. I like people like that that let it all go.

This always brings me a lot of joy, amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PECk9A-07Pw&feature=related

Good link thanks; I wonder what the story was behind Robby Krieger's black eye. Never fails to amaze me how the The Doors burn on studio & live recordings.

Must say I was rather transfixed by the images of the young, healthy lizard king, had it all going for him. 27 is still very, very young.
What a legacy but what a loss.

Good link thanks; I wonder what the story was behind Robby Krieger's black eye. Never fails to amaze me how the The Doors burn on studio & live recordings.

He'd had a fight with Jim Morrison, and refused to wear make up when they next appeared.

G

advertisement

Back