advertisement

The Brilliance of Tiny Desk Concerts - any other recommendations?

The Mac Miller is another worth checking out. Not just a brilliant set but its become rather poignant considering has tragic passing this year. Seems like a really nice bloke, so sad

apologies if this has already been posted, but Ty Dolla $ign's tribute to MM with the same musicians is so good and so moving

Been very disappointed with the quality of entrants for this years Tiny Desk competition. Generally very dull indeed compared to the past few years.

Hurrah and rejoice. The big event of the weekend wasn't the coronation, after all. KEXP have just served up Pigs x7. Sound quality is epic as always.

A new KEXP one. It's like Joanna Newsom meets Kate Bush and they decide to play moody 80s synthpop. Really good!

This is new to me and right up my street. Thanks for sharing!

EDIT yeah completely in love with this. I’ve just bought her LP via bandcamp. She’s amazing!

Last edited:
Last one I promise. Great live arrangement on this. And I think she might just about be the most beautiful woman in the world.

Just paused a movie to watch this ... never heard of her, never tried this channel ... mind. blown. thank you. i've almost entirely stopped listening to music since 2011 (don't ask). but tracks/singers like this trigger a little spark inside. maybe one day i'll find a way to fan the flame.

I meant to post this up a while back, but his Glastonbury performance reminded me (I think this is better)

I'll shoehorn this in as a recent moment of live magic with Meshell Ndegeocello's backing musicians being Stephen Colbert's Late Show band!

I especially agree with the YouTube commenter who has picked up on the sublime bass note at 4:52. :D

There are so many superb ones. Here are two of my favourites - can't believe they've not been mentioned in the thread already.
HER

Mandolin Orange

advertisement

Back