advertisement

The best audio system on earth?

If I was a multi-millionaire I don't think I'd blink twice at considering some 6-fig speakers, if I thought they'd give me a better experience than more affordable ones and weren't uggers. Why not?

Better all the rich folk spend their dough and create jobs and industries than have it all stuffed into some shell account in the Bahamas.

Alas, I'm not a millionaire so I'll have to do lots of blinking.

I don't think I would, I'm quite happy with things as they are.
I'd rather try to do something good or useful with a windfall and try and help the less fortunate.
But like you I'm not a millionaire and I don't play the lottery.

Exactly, spend the lot. These prepaid funeral ads make me laugh, I couldn’t give a stuff what they do with me but I’m certainly not paying for it!

These prepaid funeral ads make everyone laugh. Have you noticed everyone in the ads is smiling or laughing? So much fun dying........

Exactly, spend the lot. These prepaid funeral ads make me laugh, I couldn’t give a stuff what they do with me but I’m certainly not paying for it!
Average funeral cost in London is now £8k. For many bereaved families that's a significant expense.
Stating what your wishes are, and making provision for the cost, takes away a lot of that worry for your remaining family.

Average funeral cost in London is now £8k. For many bereaved families that's a significant expense.
Stating what your wishes are, and making provision for the cost, takes away a lot of that worry for your remaining family.
Not really my problem. They’ll be well provided for, it’s the least I would expect from my remaining family. I have no preference either way as I won’t be around to witness it.

Not really my problem. They’ll be well provided for, it’s the least I would expect from my remaining family. I have no preference either way as I won’t be around to witness it.
Sure. It was a more of a general observation that more other less affluent families funeral costs can be a real problem at a time when they already have their hands full. I don't see any problem with someone making provision for their funeral and removing that source of stress.

Obviously none of us will be around to see our funeral (and I don't care too much either) but expressing your wishes can be reassuring to the family that they're doing the 'right' thing. Funerals aren't really for the benefit of the deceased - too late for them - they're to help survivors grieve.

£8K Even at Surrey prices that a hell of a wake in the Rugby club... medical science can have my body, or the foxes.. I really don't mind,
here endeth the last will and testament etc.....

£8K Even at Surrey prices that a hell of a wake in the Rugby club... medical science can have my body, or the foxes.. I really don't mind,
here endeth the last will and testament etc.....
I’m not religious, makes things cheaper, potentially.

I'd be happy for my body to be disposed of as medical waste, as unceremoniously as possible.

I demand Mumufication. I have my Brick Of Mu:

29424857947_9efcdd9bbf_b.jpg

No god bullshit. No ceremony. Cremation. Brick. Done.

advertisement

Back