advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Max really keeeps pushing his luck and at present imo is not being properly penalised for dangerous driving if he is up to his usual antics at the next race the stewards have to be very firm with him .The title Must not be decided by unfair driving .

It’s ironic that earlier in the season the argument was that Max was a clean driver who obeys the rules and this was proven because he’d received so few penalty points.

This is how close racing can be performed, by two drivers who respect each other, want the position, but aren’t thugs.

Gambling being about the only vice I've never had, have money in a William Hill account my lad would have to show me how to access. Verstappen and Hamilton to take each other out and neither finish in the last G.P? Good bet or not. What happens to the title if this is the case, whoever led the most laps before mayhem ensues wins. Any pointers how to bet on this gladly taken.
Only experience of bookies was being sent with my Dads bets and doubt if Willie Carson is in with a chance,lol.

Gambling being about the only vice I've never had, have money in a William Hill account my lad would have to show me how to access. Verstappen and Hamilton to take each other out and neither finish in the last G.P? Good bet or not. What happens to the title if this is the case, whoever led the most laps before mayhem ensues wins. Any pointers how to bet on this gladly taken.
Only experience of bookies was being sent with my Dads bets and doubt if Willie Carson is in with a chance,lol.

@Si74 Perhaps read a bit of the thread, posts since Sunday evening. ;)

That bet would be a waste of your money!

If they are tied on points and neither of them finish, Verstappen would be champ on account of having more race wins.

This is how close racing can be performed, by two drivers who respect each other, want the position, but aren’t thugs.

I remember being SOOOO annoyed at Alonso in that race, but not in the same way as I am constantly with Max, more of a 'that's how it should be' kinda frustration.

There’s a first time for everything, Marko apologises and admits VER did brake hard.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut-marko-saudi-arabia-incident-apology/

Is it 1st April? Or keeping himself & RB out of hotwater with the FIA?

Thats quite a backtrack..I'd love to call his bluff and ask to see the 'data' that claimed Max didn't brake tap :)

Whiney Spice has definitely been on the downlow himself the past week, I suspect he has had a talking to by the FIA for his outburts.

“At the time of the television interview, I passed on exactly the information I had previously received from the engineers,” he told f1-insider.com. “They obviously weren’t right, so I’m sorry.”

I was under the impression that the teams receive telemetry data in real-time. If that is the case, surely a 2.4g application of the brakes, on that part of the circuit, would stand out like sore thumb...a big spike on the graph where there shouldn't be one, no? So does Marko expect us to believe his engineers are unable to interpret their own data correctly, or that they lied to him...?

There’s a first time for everything, Marko apologises and admits VER did brake hard.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut-marko-saudi-arabia-incident-apology/

If Max did brake test Lewis, isn't that going to be looked at by the authorities? Watched a some of the highlights on the C4 coverage after half watching half cooking on Sunday. Seeing Max's lunges and attempts to take Lewis out again shows that he's more than prepared to cause a collision to win this title. Such a shame that he's still in this position despite them being level on points but Max ahead on race wins.

Watching that Lewis/Alonso battle posted a few up IS proper hard racing, not this lunge it at a corner knowing your main opponent has to avoid you to stay in the title race crap. I admit I'm desperate for Lewis to win this title now to show that races/titles shouldn't be won with Max's style of 'driving'. Are the kids in karting going to be looking at Max and thinking that's the way to go about it? Hope not.

“At the time of the television interview, I passed on exactly the information I had previously received from the engineers,” he told f1-insider.com. “They obviously weren’t right, so I’m sorry.”

I was under the impression that the teams receive telemetry data in real-time. If that is the case, surely a 2.4g application of the brakes, on that part of the circuit, would stand out like sore thumb...a big spike on the graph where there shouldn't be one, no? So does Marko expect us to believe his engineers are unable to interpret their own data correctly, or that they lied to him...?
Telemetry as a term in F1 and more generally means data recorded somewhere and transmitted to somewhere else for analysis. Some broadcasters get this confused on occasion (which is why I have mentioned this here). As you have stated, the data in question would have been available to the RBR engineers immediately. The engineers would be comparing lap on lap and so the unusual brake application would have been obvious (even on an individual lap with no reference it would have been obvious as not what VER should be doing at that point). No way the engineers would get that wrong, so I have to conclude that he did not check with the engineers.

advertisement

Back