advertisement

TG/TGT

robs

should know how this works by no
That is...

Top Gear and The Grand Tour...

Irrespective of the pros and cons of both ...I am getting withdrawal symptoms and missing them both...it seems like a LONG time ago that the last episodes of each were screened...

From what I can see TGT starts again in December? Not sure about TG?

TGT if you don’t know was delayed by both Richard’s crash and Jeremy’s illness. I’ve been watching a few series 1 episodes in anticipation myself.

The first two episodes of TGT are on. I've watched them - and am glad that they're on computer, so that I can skip through the dross, i.e. nearly all of it, and watch the few interesting bits on the cars. I personally find these choreographed stunts to be utterly cringeworthy. The presenters aren't stupid, so I can only guess that they're so well paid that they are able to overcome their embarrassment at having to stage this nonsense.

We have this new app on the appletv which compiles tv from across apps and the grand tour season 2 was there so I gave it a go, I got to the end of what was coming up in the series then turned it off. I noted that the little one now looks like a magician, the main one looks like he should retie gracefully and the other one appears to have been eating a lot.

I accept I am not the target audience.

Oh dear god, here we go again. Same old comments.

Choreographed

Old blokes

Real cars

Showing off

Normal cars

Etc etc etc.
Well, is there really anything else to say? I accept that it's some folks' idea of enjoyable light entertainment, but I'm afraid it's not mine. I find most of it rather juvenile. There were some good bits in the last series, e.g. James May's presentation of the Ford v. Ferrari confrontation at Le Mans. The new season has yet to produce anything of note. I continue to watch in hope...

The Grand Tour isn’t really a car show, and neither was the old Top Gear. It’s all about the relationship between the 3 presenters. It’s like Friends but with old gits, or Last of the Summer Wine with (slightly) younger gits.

The big money has spoilt it for me. Old Top Gear was (mostly) entertaining, even the obvious 'set up' bits. The Grand Tour never did it for me, Prime subscription now cancelled. I prefer repeats of 'real' Top Gear.

Talking of big money spoiling things, I came across a video on YouTube by Ed China. Seems now that Discovery or some such other big TV org has taken over Wheeler Dealers, they wanted to cut the length of the workshop bits shown, so Ed said - 'I'm off'. Checking again, seems this video was 8 months ago, so maybe I was the only one who was not aware!

Thanks for posting the vid Jamie. You were not the only one that did not know about Ed leaving WD. Like he said, the workshop sequences were the backbone of the show and to cut these back would spoil it for many diy'ers. I for one wish Ed the best.

advertisement

Back