advertisement

Tannoy date change

Mike1965

pfm Member
I noticed Tannoy seems to have got older recently. It used to be founded in 1926. Now it's founded in 1920. Are they making time machines now?

It was founded whenever Uli Behringer would like it to be!

However GRF seems to have left the motor trade and set up on his own around 1926.

I have been trying to find a reasonably priced copy of The Tannoy Story by Julian Alderton for a few years and a couple of months ago I saw it was available to preorder at Waterstones. Unfortunately this turned out to be incorrect so I am still looking.
Very sad ending for Tannoy manufacturing in the UK. I hope at least some of the Coatbridge staff found work at Fyne Audio.

I have been trying to find a reasonably priced copy of The Tannoy Story by Julian Alderton for a few years and a couple of months ago I saw it was available to preorder at Waterstones.

Hi-Fi Hanger have it for sale new (link). I bought one a while back but haven’t got round to reading it yet!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I had read a little about Guy Rupert Fountain already but he sounds like a bit of a tyrant according to his son. Especially the comment about Ronnie Rackham being put forward for the honours list for his achievements and GRF blanking it. Maybe he should get an award posthumously?

advertisement

Back